1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband And Sil (husband Sister)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Goahead, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Dear Op,

As suggested by other members,
    1. U better concentrate on ur side of family and ur husband take care of his side.
    2. Gifts part, let ur MIL handle this.
    3. U spend quality time with ur kids, let these issues not hamper ur bonding.
    4. Importance at In laws house: No need to feel bad about it, if u have noticed even here in IL there are many who r suffering (including me).
    5. Make ur Dh take care of the household work, kids during his weekly off.:banana:

2. Parijatham1234

Parijatham1234 New IL'ite

Hi me too have the same issue with my family. I agree with your massage. Just ignore those people who do not care about you. Spend your valuable time for yourself, your kids and your husband. Don't stress yourself. Take care.

3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

This happens in all houses. My bil and in laws looted my husbands earnings.
    Its better to be smart and invest his money in a property.

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

He realizes everything. My mil never even gifted my kid a dress .wat to say

5. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

When they make decisions for your kids then you can feel this way and you have the right to ACT or just stop giving gifts.
    I know what you are feeling. I can say one thing "This gift is for SIL daughter and this is for your mother" He doesn't listen and lets them pick whatever they want. When I correct it, it's basically taking one gift away from my MIL and giving to her grandaughter. Very uncomfortable all because he didn't listen! So these matters I just remind him, "You are buying presents for everyone? You bought them a business, and a house, they have received enough presents for a lifetime. Just get gifts for the kids." He didn't know what to say, the thought didn't even enter his mind, I clearly know! SMH Spending lakhs and lakhs every visit that's crazy! Let him talk, as long as he doesn't force you to talk to them, you have a good arrangement believe it or not. It may take getting used to but it can be done. It's terrible to have forced conversations with people who don't really care about the wife anyway, but only what they get from their son. Conditional love really. Husbands have been brainwashed for more than 20yrs by them...you don't have to be. See them for what they are and keep your distance. If they ask you why tell them "You seem to be quite satisfied with your son/brother's company so I just didn't want to interfere" Don't expect care from them, care about your own family and your kids. No sweat :)