1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Huge Fight With Dh...things Are Not Going Well

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Kitchen is the hardest part. Dont worry, this mess hasnt been created in a day and it will take longer than a day to declutter.
    Start with 1 shelf. Discard everything that you havent used it in 1 year. I had Kassori Methi in the shelf and I have no recollection of when I bought it...its that old. Ah the things you find when you declutter...lol

One of the reasonably best ways to get out of bed is to have a game plan of what you want to do that day. You and your kid need a structure to the day. Buy some comfy leggings and get out of PJs. Wear some red lipstick too :)

Do this tomorrow.

sindmani, yellowmango and anika987 like this.
  2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

3. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

When they boast about work and fashion . why don't you boast about enjoying the tiny little things your son do. you should first be comfortable, confident and cheerful with what you are doing .

Start something small. take home tutions. do library volunteering.

sindmani, tcbhuvana and anika987 like this.
  4. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Good! Cheer up and celebrate life.

5. Rakhii

Today, please do this. Take a garbage bag in your hand and walk around the home. Trash everything that you know for a fact you will not use it. Trust me...you are going to find plenty. Do this superficially to begin with. Walk through every room including the bathrooms.

Get on those leggings and put on some lipstick.

I am going to tell you what helped me during this phase and I know it will help you too. Just trust me and do what I say :)

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I tried lipstick raakhi :) I actually blurted out laughing coz I have never tried red before!! :)

Cleaned up a bit but that kitchen gets on my nerves!!!! I like cooking and do a lot but hate cleaning up again and again!!well we all have to and for me any little mess or disorganization throws me off!!Hubby suspects OCD lol

KashmirFlower likes this.
  7. Rakhii

Girl I am telling you Red Lipsticks are out there for a reason. They at times cost a business to a counsellor :)

Any well-loved kitchen shows its colors Annika. But what will help is this, unload the dishwasher first thing in the morning (while the coffee is still brewing). Every time a new dirty dish comes up, including the just-finished-coffee-mug, give it a quick rinse and put it in the dish washer. It will take you the same amount of time to leave the cup in the sink and in the washer. Empty sink itself will improve the look of the kitchen. You can switch the dish washer on in the afternoon or before going to bed. Since you gave a quick rinse, chances are the dishes will come out clean.

If you werent able to go through a kitchen shelf yesterday, do it today. Dont procrastinate. One shelf a day. More often than not, we leave things on the counter top because we dont have room in the shelf. And the shelf...where do i begin, needs de-cluttering.
    How old is your son again?

just do these two today. Walk around the home with a garbage bag and de-clutter one kitchen shelf.

8. Itshightime

Itshightime Bronze IL'ite

Please do not care about what outsiders say. They must be saying it or neglecting you out of jealousy. You say your husband earns well. Their husbands may not earn well. Most of the time, the people cannot leave job b'coz THEY CAN'T LEAVE JOB with the piling bills, low income, too much responsibilities and commitments. They cannot leave job b'coz they are expected to earn to meet expenses.
    You are quite lucky. Your husband treats you like a queen. Meets your demand.
    Your cousin is not going to make corrections in your life if your son picks up bad habits. Your husband is right about family being at the topmost priority. Even he is working for family. He is not enjoying himself when he has to work from morning 6 to evening 9. We are all on this earth to carry out our responsibilities. Do what is correct and what is needed.
    Develop your hobbies. Start working from home if you have ample of time. Most importantly, STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO ENJOY SEEING YOU STRESSED. Your body language must have already let them known that you are feeling uncomfortable by their conversation. Afterall, they claim themselves to be so intelligent. Still they try to make you more uncomfortable. So basically, these are the jealous people you have been dealing with. Shed away those people out of your life.

sindmani, anika987 and generic like this.
  9. Itshightime

Do you really think travelling and spending and enjoying is that easy with family and kids even if you are working? You will have to be retired to take out that kind of time from your work and responsibilities. I have been wanting to visit my homeland. I cannot do so. Not b'coz of financial constraints or anything like that. Its just that my daughter do not want to miss her classes or my husband cannot take leave, limitations due to cold, etc, etc, etc.

anika987 likes this.
  10. Itshightime

10 and 100 times likes. Excellent tips.. :)