HSG, Vaginismus, Hemorrhoids, low morphology & motility. HELP!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Arshee, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Arshee

Arshee New IL'ite

I have been married for 4 years. First 2 years we couldn't have penetrative intercourse as It would feel like everything is closed down there. I would get sharp pain if DH tried to insert more than an inch. We thought its just my hymen which is not breaking.
    Then we went to a gynecologist who forcibly inserted her finger in me. Then said see it doesn't hurt after I take it out so you don't have a problem. Next gynec said it's all in my head I need to stop thinking about pain.
    After lots of research we figured out I had Vaginismus. We tried different methods recommended on forums and slowly resolved the issue. Now we can have penetrative IC in certain positions and it is enjoyable for me. We have been doing that for 2 years but couldn't conceive.
    Once again we visited gynec. He had a hard time inserting speculum. Except my DH's penis nothing else goes in. My finger, pre-seed applicator everything creates the same effect of closing my V shut and extreme pain upon insertion.
    DH's morphology and motility is low. So doctor suggested IUI. Before that I need to get HSG done. I asked doctor will HSG be possible considering the fact that I can't stay still when speculum is inserted. He said just don't think about the pain. Do deep breathing and it will be ok.
    I am not a sissy. I even joke with nurses during bloodwork. I even got dental work done without anesthesia. I guess I have a sensitive region down there.
    On top of it I have hemorrhoids. Anyone got speculum inserted when they had hemorrhoids? Was it too painful?
    Any tips for me on what to think during HSG? What do you all think/do to bear the pain of speculum insertion?
    Please help me. My HSG is in 2 days.

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Hi Arshee,
    HSG is manageable. Don't get too tensed on it. Relax,Try to relax during the procedure to the max, That will help. All the best.

Baby dust to U...

3. pinkydarling

4. Arshee

Arshee New IL'ite

Thank you so much Mounika. I tried to imagine I am getting HSG and tried breathing techniques, so that during the actual procedure I can follow it. But I couldn't even breathe properly. :cry: Hope the physician can perform the procedure on me. I am 33. I can't wait longer to have a baby.
    btw is that your daughter on your profile pic :) ?

1 person likes this.
  5. pinkydarling

No,she is not my Daughter..
    Iam also On TTC from past 3 yrs.
    Don't worry too much about HSG.
    Iam also undergone for HSG.Same like u iam also worried too much at that time.
    They will perform smoothly and they will give pain killers also at that time. They will do with Care.
    Just simple during that procedure U need to Relax and feel free. And no other techniques required.

6. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

@pinkydarling That girl is really cute in your profile pic:iagree.

@Arshee I was also very very worried before my HSG test and was praying badly to god to escape the test. But then made up my mind and went through it. Now I think it was good that I got the test done, at least you get idea if the tubes are ok. Just think, that even if pain will be there, it will be only for 5 min, not more than that. But after that you'll have a relief that you are done.

So my advice is, prepare yourself mentally that, there will be a gain after pain..:thumbsup

All the best...

1 person likes this.
  7. pinkydarling

Thnkq for liked My Profile pic @msms.
    Your proverb(signature) is super.
    I liked it very much.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My first HSG was a painful experience. I had tough time during penetration.
    May be you should stay calm and relax as much as you could. Picture something beyond ttc. Happy memories might help. All the best. :thumbsup
    Baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  9. Arshee

Arshee New IL'ite

It is over with. was extremely painful, speculum wasn't going in on first try. Second try it took 10+ minutes to insert speculum. My V was shutting down & pushing speculum out during the procedure making it harder for doctor to insert catheter. But I am glad I was able to stay still. There was burning sensation all throughout the procedure.
    Thanks ladies for the support. Now my journey to IUI starts.

2 people like this.
  10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Finally you managed it. That's great. Hope the rest of the journey will go smooth.
    All the best.

1 person likes this.