1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How useful is the stroller when flying to India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by crazymom, Oct 26, 2012.

1. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

I am going to India in December with my 2 and half year old son. I have 2 layovers, each about 3.5 hours. Should I take stroller with me? What are the chances of it getting damaged when gate checked? He has his own seat, has anyone flew with car seat? Thank you

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Stroller is a life saver . Atleast take the light weight umbrella one . I have taken 2 full size strollers too at one point ...and gate checked them.No damage...they are pretty good about it.

3. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

I have a travel system stroller, should I buy umbrella stroller just for this trip?

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Hmm....If you are travelling alone with a toddler then I think an umbrella stroller will be easier for you to manage . Traveler systems are bulkier, (Even if the car seat can be separated). If you are travelling with someone then its fine and might help you incase ur little one falls asleep + storing all that never ending baby bags + food.

5. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Thank you justanothergirl

6. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Justanothergirl has pinpointed it in ncie way...its a lifesaver with toddler kids.

It was very helpful, i sometime hold little bag to it and push...i suggest taking backpack as my hand luggage. ...it would be very very easy..

You can take till flight gate...so no hassels,just fold and leave it at the gate and once you are leaving flight...you can pick it at the flight entrance...

I would suggest umbrella stroller, it willbe light oneand travel friendly one too..

Happy journey and have a safe and hassels free trip:)

1 person likes this.
  7. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Very helpful ..you will thank yourself , you should get umbrella stroller... If you take you regular bulky stroller you will not be allowed to carry on ..only light weight umbrella stroller are allowed along with you.

8. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

An umbrella stroller is very helpful during the trip, especially when you have stop-overs. When your kid sleeps or when you need to feed them with some food, these strollers come very handy. You can hang your hand bags to it, so eases your moving around. You are allowed to take it to the gate and most of the time, they'll return it at the gate itself when you get off the plane. It costs around $20, so not a huge loss of money even if it gets damaged during the flight journey.

There are few flights that doesn't allow our strollers (like Etihad at Abu Dhabi airport), but they provide another stroller to use at the airports.