Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by chillzone, Feb 23, 2007.
How to unsubscribe from a thread?
How to unsubscribe to email notifications about posts or replies made to message threads?
1. Go to User CP (the left most menu in purple on the top of the page).
2. Access the menu 'Edit Options'.
3. In "messaging and notification", you will see an option 'default thread subscription mode'.
4. If this is set to 'instant email notification', you may want to change it to...
do not subscribe / no email notification - you will receive no emails on new threads or replies posted
daily / weekly email notification - to receive updates daily / weekly by email
PS: You can say 'no email notification' here, but still choose to receive updates for replies posted on interesting threads by subscibing to those threads alone.
Check the option 'subscribed threads'.
How to unsubscribe to email notifications on receiving private message?
1. Follow steps 1 & 2 as given above.
2. In "messaging and notification" you will see an option "private messaging".
3. In this, if option 'Receive email notification of new private messages' is ticked(i.e. checked), you will receive emails whenever someone sends you a private message.
4. Uncheck or remove the tick in the box and save changes, if you do not want to receive emails about private messages.