1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Transition To Grey Hair And Keep It Elegant

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by gamma50g, Apr 27, 2023.

1. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I just started turning grey. I tried henna, henna/indigo etc but not only is it very time consuming but it doesnt cover my greys well.

The hair color done at the salon makes my hair look very pretty for a couple of weeks but then its time again for touchup. Personally, I feel that its a lot of money spent . Also putting chemicals linked to cancer on my scalp makes me pause in using hair dyes whether at a salon or at home boxed hair dyes.

Of late, I'm pondering whether to leave the greys as they are and age gracefully. However, my resolve weakens considerably when I see women much older than me with jet black hair :grimacing:.

I think I will be okay with a head full of grey hair. But this transition from black to grey hair is just ....ugh!! And the greys are wiry and frizzy.

For people who transitioned over to grey, how did you manage the transition? And how do you keep your greys looking elegant?

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Im looking for a suitable reply to this also:) Im 69 and still going strong with use of hair dye frequently. I keep thinking it is high time i stopped dyeing my hair, but that resolve is soon thwarted when celebration or ceremony in the family comes up and find , all the dressing up is no good without colouring of my hair!

gamma50g and swarnamary like this.
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

i also have grey hair but dont want to go for hair color,looking for some tips for fellow ils lets see if anyone come by for some solution here...

i guess once you start using dye, you dont want to stop it your look entirely different without it... that is the problem....

gamma50g and joylokhi like this.