1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Take This

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lalithasharma9, Mar 13, 2023.

1. lalithasharma9

lalithasharma9 Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am in USA married with 2 kids and me and my husband are highly educated and working full time.

My question is i have never seen what ever you call marital bliss from day1 of married life
    My DH has severe anger issues, if things don't go his way he become furious shouts, name calling, blame game no end to any thing.

He is like this towards his parents too, he says some thing and there is no option to say no, if we say we have to hear all vulgar, filthy language and if i request him to stop using that language his version is I had committed a sin so have to face this consequence.

What type of sins i usually commit?

1. If I invite some common friends to home and say to him that i have invited that is example of sin

If i take pictures with friends (girls only) he abuses that i don't care for kids , I am always doing makeup taking pics to attract some one( whom should i attract i don't know)

Some times it is like walking on egg shells with him, don't know when he will explode

He judges, laughs, calls names for simple things so I kind of started ignoring his abuses, i strictly told not to abuse before kids, he shouts and demeans them too other wise he treats them well.

One day I said why do you do this type of haircut ( I didn't judge, just looking for his version why he likes that?)

His answer was - i look ugly and my face is swollen still he didn't comment, but i had commented on his hair - I got shocked with his answer never spoke about his hair cut again

I know what he said was not right, because I am a fitness coach myself- but left it there

He got angry for a simple thing made a big fuss got angry and he pushed me at home for that and punched hard on my back thrice, i told him i am on my period

I am. not sure what to do?

If i am calm he says ignoring and don't care atittude
    If i answer back abuses will be a lot

Basically he says he is perfect husband material and i am a worthless wife, fit for nothing doesn't love kids or him.

He abused my parents and me with very vulgar demeaning language.

I strictly don't use vulgar language against any one because I am deep follower of swami Vivekananda and Ramana maharishi

I am into yoga meditation and lot more, so making peace with myself is not big deal.

I try to analyze when things go wrong for that he abuses a lot when analyzing starts don't know what to do

I eat healthy into spiritual life, so these abuses will not bother me much, but just missed a sweet married life for this life and I aaccept it
    He always talks me tht i can have ***** with other guys and I am morally ethically strong and told him not to use such words.

I have never cheated him and no plans to do so in future, accept the life it comes.

But punching is not acceptable for me, i told i accept my mistakes if I do and he says it's always my fault.
    I can't tell this to any one in India

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Oh god. Just leave him.

sadwife likes this.
  3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Divorce him. You and your kids are not safe with him. Immediately inform your parents, siblings or anyone that you can trust. Let them know what kind of a person he is.

4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Hugs to you for putting up with him this long. I just went through your previous threads and it looks like your husband is much like his mom is using vulgar language and abusive words. Like mother like son.

But you seem to be quite strong in your thoughts, actions and your attitude is something i really admire. Having this healthy attitude such as yours in spite of all the hell he put you through, is not easy.

From what you have written, it doesnt look like he is going to change anytime soon or anytime at all. He is used to throwing tantrums and seeing how you are putting up with him, he has taken you for granted.

I don't know what your situation is. I understand you are financially independent but i am not sure if that is enough for you to come out of this relationship since it looks like you have a family to whom you are answerable or whose opinions you consider very important in India.

Honestly, my suggestion would be to go for a separation - a temporary one to give your husband a reality check. Sometimes, an action like this might prompt these kinds of people into changing a bit but not much.

If you are not ok to divorce him or go for a separation, then you have to either get adjusted to the kind of person he is and see if you are ok living a life where your partner demeans you and you dont have any real affection or love for your partner left.

Also, personally i kind of feel you have resigned yourself to this life and relation. Its sad that you did not get to enjoy a normalcy period in marriage. But you have a choice to not put up with this BS attitude also.

I would usually not suggest going for a divorce/ separation as the first option. But in your case, i would take an exception and suggest you to consider either taking a break or a separation and see how you feel about your life then. If you feel good, then maybe you should head for a divorce and enjoy living your life peacefully.

shama146 likes this.
  5. lalithasharma9

Thank you friends and beautiful life

You are correct his mother is very abusive but what is use to blame her now, it's all over, my husband says he has doubt on my character and if he goes on any tour i might call any men home?

What should I answer this accusation?

I look very beautiful may be he has doubt that some one will get attracted to me/I might flirt with them.

I told him i had not even have thought on other males in my heart forget about affair.

My thoughts are pure as i had already mentioned i am deeply spiritual with Swamy vivekananda and Ramana maharshi principles

I can't prove my heart is clear and he thinks i enjoy affair with other men in my heart and waiting for the right opportunity.

One thing i am waiting is he should understand life is bigger than being abusive to partner or any one.

If you are insecure that's your problem not mine, I am a trained singer and some times give performances too which are pure ,if you talk about my relationship with others in those? Why don't you see with your eyes i treat them as my siblings

6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Lalitha, we can always keep playing this guessing game. But the fact is it can continue your whole life. We can never know what prompted him to start behaving like this. And he is not going to stop behaving this way anytime at all. Trust me i have seen some males in my family who tormented their wives their whole life just because of suspicion.

Fine how long are you willing to prove? Does he have any concrete proof as to why he feels like the way he feels about your behavior? Even if he does, he should try and talk about this instead of trying to play this blame game. the point i am trying to make is you can end your whole life proving your purity but you might still fall short in his eyes.

How are you trying to change him? How do you expect him to change? Do you think he will wake up one day and realise all the wrongs he did and repent? Changing is not easy. Specially if one hasnt realised what his mistake is.

No one is going to do that. Trust me, the only person to believe in yourself would be you. So i wish you stop expecting these things from him and look into those suggestions of either temporary or permanent separation.

You can keep playing this guessing game and why game your entire life but it wouldnt make an iota of difference to him. I am not sure what you are looking for here. To gain courage to separate or find reasons why your husband is the way he is or just venting. I hope you find whatever you are looking for here.

chanchitra and lalithasharma9 like this.
  7. lalithasharma9

Thank you beautiful life for detail reply, I just want to share with some one.As I said i can't share this in India and my family back home is happy that I am happy here and they are old too.

I am not looking things to change, I understood that my husband is a abuser all these days I thought he has anger issues.

Today i got reality when he did all this, I am good now , cannot separate for many reasons, my kids are so attached to him( he is good when he is in good mood) and I am not supporting my husband actions towards kids/me and i can never call him good husband after the above incident.

How ever i thought when i cannot separate, I have to accept the reality and I strictly told him today if he raises hand on me again then i call it quits, at that point i will not think twice it's over.

I want to forgive for my own peace, not that he is good, I told him I cannot accept abuses on kids/me, I want my kids personality to be clean not like him for sure , so that they will be happy with their wives in future.

I don't know how my future is and I had no control on my past, present is some thing i am.trying to come into terms.

Thank you once again for your answer

8. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear
    Hugs to you ..its sad that you have to face this.You are saying it doesn't affect you as you are into yoga and other such things, but you are posting it here and telling that you can't share this with anyone in India means that it is affecting you somewhere and that's perfectly normal.
    Now coming to what can you do to make him understand
    1) Try separation. Maybe he takes you for granted. So in your absence he will realize that life is bigger than abuses and all.
    2) Confront him when he misbehaves in any way..verbal or physical. Give it back.
    3) Interact less with him. Keep yourself busy in other things like kids, friends, work, hobbies etc.
    4) Lastly if you feel there is only abuse and no love at all, no feelings, no support..he is just a burden divorce him.
    You are the best judge of your situation.

9. lalithasharma9

Thank you diva taking time to reply my thread.

I am.pretty much occupied with my music concerts, here the problem is he becomes more furious that i am searching happiness in other things like hobbies, my prog, fitness books.

He doesn't give me happiness, i am not dependent on that as I know, but he suffocates a lot, like if i go simple lunch with my girls friends I am always anxious what he say?

Even kids is playing he wants me be around them, i always keep focus on what kids are doing, I don't like to be suffocated/ i don't like to suffocate others.

My husband is other way around even if i step away for 2 mins then he says I am neglecting him and family.

With demanding mainstream careers, active toddlers how can be 24x7 around them?

I have many hobbies and helping stuff too but i balance it pretty well, my kids never feel they are left out, it is my husband nagging always

10. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

If its just nagging..put him on ignore mode..or when he is in good mood ..tell him how you feel hurt with his behaviour..
    If his mood changes unpredictably interact less.
    Now that you have to learn to live with him.. Be thick skinned.
    Does he ever feel sorry for what he said ..not verbally but with actions or hints
    Sometimes these people don't have control on their temper but they know they have issues and people are uncomfortable around them.
    So best thing is to interact less, don't be anxious when you are with your girl gang bcoz that's the only time you can enjoy and b yourself.