1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to tackle the situation

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by SIVAKAMI1973, Oct 5, 2013.

1. SIVAKAMI1973

SIVAKAMI1973 New IL'ite

I am mother of a girl of 17 yrs and a boy 7yrs. My husband is a doctor. My kids are often fighting among them. My girl is always using harsh words towards everyone. I am keep on trying to make my daughter understand that using polite words will fetch you a lot. But she nevefr listens to me. As my husband is not having enough time to spend with the kids he gets whatever they ask without worrying about whether it suits them or harmful or unhygiene. Moreover whenever i scold them he will interfere in middle pampering the kids. My son is saying my mother is a devil. My father is an angel. I dont know how to tackle this? Kindly help me.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

your daughter is in her teens & hence in a phase where they are very self centred ,egoistic & really don't like preaching a lot......treat her as adult & when she screams or uses abusive language tell her that grown up adults don't use such words ...........ignore her as much as possible....

your son is 7 yrs old,youngest in family ,10 yrs younger then your daughter ........he can see where the authority lies.....he knows dad is not going to scold him.....you do so he calls you bad names..........make a deal with him......tell him that if you hear him call you bad names again you are going to complain to his teacher............use phone to record his bad words & make him listen.......tell him the next time you are going to complain to teacher............

boys in this age need dad.......ask your hubby to spend time with him like play with him on sundays or help in HW or something.........this is the stage when they look for role models & dad can be that role model but they need to spend time with fathers......busy fathers need to find time for their son which is even more important then having big savings for kids future.....

1 person likes this.