1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to Support family emotionally during financial crisis

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lovingscarlet, Jan 20, 2014.

1. lovingscarlet

lovingscarlet New IL'ite

Hi all,

pls help me if you can.
    We are currently facing some financial crisis, we couldn't able to get any income for 2-3 months (may be it can extent). DH is not physically well, to search for other jobs, currently he is searching thro net and attend interviews if any come. His field is very dull, less vacancy for new jobs.
    Me- housewife, trying to do work from home, but couldn't get any income after many trials. But still trying.

As much as possible, we reduce our expense.

Emotionally, i feel very insecure myself. I am fearing for worst. Dont know what to do. feeling very guilty, for I cannot help him financially in this situation.

Pls help me, I heard many may have gone through this type of financial problems, But how do you gone through it emotionally.

None of our friends/family knows our situation, we feel like we have to tackle it by ourselves.

I have no one to seek advice or suggestion to strengthen myself, hope i can get some help here.

2. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hey lovingscarlet!
    I can share a example i saw in my family, where the lady of the house , supported the family emotionally and financially when the crisis struck.
    my cousin brother was working in tourism industry and due to some reason left a well paying job , then he tried to start his own travel agency, some instead of improving the situation worsened and they were in deep crisis . at that time my bhabhi who was a house wife , supported him a lot and learned new skills and they opened a small office from home and also started a small side business( of making tofu at home) which brought some cash and things have improved much now.
    what worked for them , may be different for you as your situation could be different but i feel in any crisis , its natural to feel scared but you should just try to be positive and hopeful and learn new skills .
    if you are educated well , improve your skills and , if you have some time , try tution classes or some other classes like dance , cooking, computer etc which can bring some cash and also keep your mind busy. you could also look for some voluntary courses like stitching etc and try to open own boutique, beauty parlor etc , if you feel your education wont be sufficient to get a good job.

but at the end , its just your positive outlook which will help you.
    my best wishes to you , that you may soon come out of this financial crisis and things improve for you.

3 people like this.
  3. lovingscarlet

lovingscarlet New IL'ite

Thanks cutemonster for reply. I will try out more options of mine for earnings.

4. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Don't worry. Keep patience, both you and your H. Give plenty of support and confidence to your H. As cutemonster said try to do other jobs...even your H can do the same if interested. Be optimistic, you both will come out of this soon, much happier and stronger.

5. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

hey OP. don't loose heart. All will get well. You should support your H as much as you can. I know of a family in similar situation. The lady was homemaker and started selling home made idlli-dosa batter. The business took off and husband also joined in to help. find something you are good at and go from there.