How to Spot an Indian.......

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by chatkara_tasty, Mar 27, 2007.

1. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

Everything you eat is savoured with garlic, onions and chillies.

* You try and re-use gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminium foil.

* You are standing next to the two largest size suitcases at the airport.

* You arrive one or two hours late to a party, and think it's normal.

* You peel the stamps off letters that the Postal Service missed to stamp.

* Your toilet has a plastic bowl next to the commode.

* All your children have pet names, which sound nowhere close to their real names.

* You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.

* You load up the family car with as many people as possible.

* You use plastic to cover anything new in your house whether it's the remote control, VCR, carpet or new couch .

* You live with your parents even if you are 40 years old. (And they like it that way).

* If she is NOT your daughter, you always take interest in knowing whose daughter has run with whose son and feel it's your duty to spread the word.

* You only make long distance calls after 11pm.

* If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.

* When your parents meet Indian for the first time and talk for a few minutes, you soon discover they are your relatives.

* Your parents don't realize phone connections to foreign countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of their lungs while talking.

* You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them from getting dirty.

* It's embarrassing if your wedding has less than 600 people.

* You list your daughter as "fair and slim" in the matrimonial no matter what she looks like.

* You're alw ays interested to know/interfere in others' personal matters, what they are doing, where they are going, etc.

* You have really enjoyed reading this mail because you know some, or most of them, applies to you!

2. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Heena,
    Thanks for sharing. Very nice one. Final one was ultimate and of course true.
    Meenakshirajan

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Heena,

What you have listed are absolutely true for Indians. I would like to add one special but irritating habit exclusively with Tamils. First time you meet some one he will ask you how much salary you get. Once my friend got so irritated at this question, he retorted,' ' Why you are asking my salary? If it is less are you going to give me some money?'. When it comes to promotions in jobs Tamils always say ' so and so promotion vaangittan' meaning so and so has bought his promotion, not got it.

4. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ms.Chatkara,
    It is so real and true. Is it your observations or got it from somewhere?. As I am a Tamilian I would like to add one good thing which is repeated by almost all tamil families, specially in Village sides. That is, when they see a known person they will ask "Nalla irukkingla" (Are you alright?) and immediately they will ask "Sappittacha" (Have you had your food?). Eventhough it is a courtesy sometimes it irritates you because your visit to them might be in Mid-morning, Mid-afternoon or Late-Night. Anyway I appreciate the Tamil's courtesy. (Do you by chance living with Tamils as your neighbors ?)

5. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

All the things you said about Indians are really true. Esp the one where parents shout on top of their voice, we joke saying, no need of a telephone line, we can hear you right here in America ... Good one Heena