1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Reduce Dark Circles under the eyes

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by srilu, Dec 5, 2006.

1. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Hello Everyone,:)

Thank you for all your tips. Hope it helps me in getting rid of my dark cirlces under eyes. :thankyou2:

Regards,
    Suni :p

2. opalflower

opalflower New IL'ite

hello,
    for computer users and office workers: best thing is to look out of the window (a distant focus) for some 30 seconds every time eyes feel tired and take a few minutes of rest every hour.
    all previous advice is valid but please let me add the following:
    another most important factor for eye dryness and other discomfort is how your lights are: neons and halogens are the worst thing; bright light that comes right into your eye (like being able to see the light bulb from where you sit) is also very tiring for the eye. best thing is a non-direct, non-neon light. keep your computer screen brightness rather low, that's another big one. you'll see the difference in how you feel and look!
    for dark circles it may be a lack of some mineral. try with iron and/or magnesium supplements. especially in spring, dark circles may well have to do with the need to purify your liver - there are plenty of herbals for that.
    cheers!
    alina

3. spring

spring New IL'ite

Soak 3-4 almonds overnight. In the morning peel its skin and and grind it to a smooth paste with a little milk. Apply this paste to the dark circles and leave it till it dries. Wash it off with warm water <style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; &nbs</style>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  4. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Here's a few home remedies that might help you:
    1. cold teabag = gently apply around the eyes (careful that it wont get into the eyes) then leave on for a 10mins then rinse off with lukewarm water..The "tannin" in the tea is a great exfoliant to skin...works great..
    2. Milk + honey = use cold milk, do the same procedure as the teabag...works well too..
    3. drink lots of water, eat veggies and fruits, get enough sleep
    4. Whenever you use the computer, take a rest every hour for at least 3-5mins. Close your eyes...if you can get hold of anything that is cold, place it on your eyes, works really good...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
  5. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Olive oil works wonders when massage on eyes, as well as almond oil..but then if you want to find some eye creams maybe you can google search "eyecreamreviews"....they have good products to choose from...

check them out for yourself but my mom and grandma swears by LifeCell...:thumbsup

6. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Here are updates of home remedie to try in reducing dark circles:
    1. A mixture of almond oil and honey should be applied on the affected area every night before bedtime. You will see a remarkable improvement in two to three weeks
    2. Make a paste of fresh mint leaves and add a few drops of lime juice in it. Apply the mixture on the eyes and the dark circles for 10 to 15 minutes everyday and see the difference in two to three weeks.
    in sure of a favorable result...do send me feedbacks :thumbsup

7. ashritharitha

ashritharitha New IL'ite

Re: Avarai Leaf Juice!

Avarai Leaf mean i am not getting currect answer in google, may tell me what it dis

8. nivi0411

nivi0411 Bronze IL'ite

great tips.. am surely gonna try it out... thanks a ton!

9. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

Rose water, cucumber can help

10. sharmilay

sharmilay Senior IL'ite

Tips to Reduce black circles under eyes is very useful for me. Thanks for sharing.