How To Prepare Rotis Quickly?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Needtobestrong, Sep 8, 2018.

1. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

Hope this doesn’t derails this thread but is this opos really a thing? I have seen this kind of video elsewhere too a teaser type of video which promises a lot and shows yummy food but can never find the actual recipes being referenced. And believe me I have searched for this group on FB also.

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

There is an fb group for this opos

3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

OPOS is real. There is an 'OPOS Support' group on FB that is open to all, and 'OPOS School' that is a closed group for advanced people.
    I was skeptical and initially put off by the cultish vibe but it works. The live videos are very useful.
    They have released several books on Kindle. You can also look up the Chef in You and Anyone Can Koch blogs for OPOS instructions and recipes.

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Indeed it is :blush:. Tagging @Rakhii

Rakhii likes this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

thank you dear!

@troubledmom , OPOS certainly is a real thing. It changed my cooking world around. Check it out in OPOS support group.

troubledmom likes this.
  7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I hear ya! Like a few suggested above, look into that autolysis dough making by chef Ramakrishnan. The first time, you will need to measure the dough and water but after that, you wont need to. Its soft and consistent every single time. Dough became a breeze after this.
    Long time ago, my mom had a small poori presser. A small one that presses pooris. I am sure by now something similar is available in the market. Look for it. If not, I know for a fact poori presser is available; use that and simply make smaller size rotis.

By the way, this autolysis dough can be stored in fridge for up to 8 days in fridge. Just make once and store it.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can get a tortilla press on Amazon, similar to what Rakhi mentioned. I cover the two sides in Saran Wrap and rub a drop of oil on them so nothing sticks and cleanup is easy.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  9. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

We owned one a long long ago, got it as a gift from a relative..it didn't work well...have heard bad reviews about roti maker from relatives hence didn't want to invest in it...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Sunshine04 likes this.
  10. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I'm very new to OPOS, heard so much about it but I somehow couldn't come out of the conventional cooking methods ..but the video looks interesting, will give this a try:)