how to open a lending library

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by srileka06, May 7, 2014.

1. srileka06

srileka06 New IL'ite

Hi I wish to open a lending library Wat r the procedure to it...

2. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srileka,

Its a recent trend started lending books these days......!

I read in a popular newspaper, one of the Engineering student started this kind of a library where he invested only on Engineering books has he mentioned these books are costly.... he started renting these books at the starting of the semester and at the end of the semester the borrower should return the books. While renting the books he use to collect the price of the book from the respective borrower and while returning the money they use to return 70% of the money.....!

Now he says he will start to do with MBBS books too......!

If i can find the Newspaper artical will try to upload it.....!

Before starting the library be clear what kind of books you want to rent...., place and basic items to setup a library like computer, printer and other basic set up for a office.........! Even monthly magazines, childrens books, comics, Recipe books, Novels can be brought and start renting them out.

Hope these info might help you.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

OK but what if the borrower does not return the book ? how to avoid such situations ?

4. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Provide a library card with personal details of the person, Keep a copy for your records too. While renting them we have to collect the full price of the book when they return fix some amount as a renting charges. If in case they don't return or lost we would have their money inform them and take a new copy of the same......!

Even if one is ready or offered to buy a photocopy machine... they can do so...! so that if one want to take photocopies it will be available at one roof and even scanner is a good option too for the individuals who need a soft copy.....!

5. srileka06

srileka06 New IL'ite

Thanks for the help full idea Amulur..
    I want to know whether there is any legal proceedings