1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to manage single pallu saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by SweetDreamz007, Mar 10, 2010.

1. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am a big fan of single pallu for sarees, I pin it at shoulder for single layer pallu but never tend to keep it that way by end of an occassion. Somehow it feels inconvenient and I end up wearing my pallu the tradiutional way with 2-3 folds at shoulder.

I have a family occassion coming up and have a wonderful work saree that I want to wear and keep single pallu until the end of the occassion.

Any tips, tricks or advices that you all can share with me.

Thank you very much.

1 person likes this.

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

That's funny cuz I can never wear my sari with multiple pleats in the pallu. The only tip I can give you is as follows....hope it works

Pull the pallu tightly and secure it with a safety pin over your left shoulder...have someone do it for you so its more towards the back than just above ur shoulder.

Also secure the sari to your blouse, just under your right arm....the safety pin should not be as visible but will make for a little added security.

Next, bring the end of the pallu around your waist and hold on to it with your left hand. If you should let go of it at any time, don't worry and just bring it over again.

Of course when wearing it like this, you really can't do a lot of work...just mingling and lite work is possible. So, don't try to serve, lift or anything else like that during the party.

Hope it works out! :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. kssvandana

kssvandana New IL'ite

keep the length of the pallu short....this helps

1 person likes this.
  4. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manaswani and Vandana,

Very nice tips. I had a great time today at my party. I had no problem with my pallu and I followed each of your tips: pin the to blouse and shorter pallu. Amazing tips. Also, to make it easy I wore a fancy saree with workand avaoided a traditional silk saree ( I had a great blouse for it). My instinct to wore teh fancy was so good :). Thanks again to you both. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.