1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to maintain Clothes during washing ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by chamu02, Apr 15, 2012.

1. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hai ,
    Can anyone please share how to maintain white clothes white , also any suggestion to avoid noddule (small small thread knots ) formation in the clothes during machine wash , other than using vinegar ?

2. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

white clothes makes us look cool and splendid; but washing it:drowning drenches us out completely.

what we generally do is soak all the white clothes together in a bucket with a good detergent powder;or a washing m/c can be used for soaking as well(if you have that option). Usually, if there are no hard stains then there is no problem at all.

But if it is a collared shirt with full sleeves, check at the collar and the back of the sleeves... lot of dirt accumulates here... generally we hand rub that a little in those areas and then machine wash the same. This is because we have hard water supply. If it is plain water that you get... soaking should do.

Apart from that one of my aunt uses bleaching for linen, which turns them pretty white. Have you tried the hot water option too? Works nicely with white clothes.

3. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Hi coolsandy,
    I have hardly had stains problems but still the white dress like my kids uniforms and karate dress change to creamy or stain white after few wash . Usually i wash the clothes in 60 deg temp and 600 rpm spin . If the white dress are really very bad ,once in 4-5 month , i put them on 90 deg , but 400 rpm . But for that matter i have to wait for 4-5 mnths with stained white and dress to get accumulate ! Friends recommend to soak in vinegar for 2-3 hrs but it gives odour then for it i have to use freshner ! Heard that Mrs.Stewert liguid bluing helps in recoloring all coloured dress and white dress . How far does the Dylon hellp ? Any idea ?