How to introduce a friend/relative?

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by latha_sasi, Nov 25, 2006.

1. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

I read about your website in today's paper(Metro Plus) and registered. I would like to recommend some of friends and relatives to join the gang. How do I go about it. When I click "register and recommend" it says you are already registered and could not go further. Kindly help.

Latha

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2006

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Hope you noticed that with the new site refresh, we added a prominent "Tell-A-Friend" link on the top right. You can introduce all your friends to this site easily!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  3. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

That's really good to see the Tell-A-Friend link on the homepage. I'm sure that it will useful for everyone. I have already started using this.

Thanks,
    Geetha

4. Jyothisri

Jyothisri Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have referred 3 friends to IL. At first I did not know about the Tell-A-Friend link so I just sent one friend a link to IL.

But then I did some research and learned how to use the Tell-A-Friend link. I referred 2 friends using this link but my referrals do not show up in my profile. Why don't they show up? Can something be done about it?

Thanks.

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Jyothi
    When you introduce a friend here you need to tell her when signing up to put in your exact username as it is "Jyothisri" in case they put in Jyothi sri or just jyothi or something else it doesn't get added. So next time when you tell a friend give her the exact username.
    It has happened with me too I to have introduced so many but all of them have used my full name......haha
    so it is not added I have only 2 in the referral.
    So next time give them exact username ok.

6. Jyothisri

Jyothisri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will keep your suggestion in my whenever I refer other friends.

Jyothi