How to improve my business - suggestions pls

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by lamray07, May 9, 2013.

1. lamray07

lamray07 New IL'ite

Hi ILites,

I reside at Hyderabad.

I'm selling all the cleaning items like phenyls, acids, detergent powder and bar, dishwash bar, naphthalene balls, sanicubes, floor cleaner etc at wholesale rates. I sell the items from home only. I'm doing this for the past ten months. I've got few customers. can anybody give me suggestions on how to improve my business like can I put stall in exhibition or what else can be done... ILites pls help me out...

Thanks and regards,
    Lakshmi

2. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    All the best for your venture-
    1. You can print some pamphlets and place them at your local beauty parlor, kirana shop and cloth shop, so people will know about you.
    2. You can go on profit sharing with the local beauty parlor/ fancy stores.
    3. You can look for exhibition in big societies. They usually charge a lot for display per day. So you can look for a partner to put up exhibitions, someone who has a different product than you.
    4. You can ask your existing customers to refer a couple of people who would be interested in your products. This could be very powerful tool to expand your clientele.

1 person likes this.
  3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Flyer is the best idea this will help you to improve your business.

I can help you to design your flyers.

good luck

4. ramya0809

ramya0809 New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

All the best for your Business.

In order to expand your business, you need to have contacts. I do agree with others, flyers are the best way to market yourself. However, here are few inputs from me which might help you.

1. Am sure you will go to local stores for buying your groceries and other stuff. Just talk with the owner normally, find out from him where he is getting the items (phenyls, acids, detergent powder and bar, dishwash bar, naphthalene balls, sanicubes, floor cleaner etc) and also inform him, you sell the same stuff at a competitive rates compared to others.
    2. Talk to your neighbors or other family friends of yours. Tell them about your business and also inform them that you would sell the items at a lesser price compared to retail stores.
    3. If you feel, you sell good quality items compared to what they get in the retail store. You can always make samples of your products and give it to your neighbors and tell them to try the same. Also find out how did they like the product and offer some special discounts for those who come back.
    4. You can also tell your existing customers to bring more customers. in return offer them some discount.

I have many other ideas too but i guess this answers couple of your questions. let me know if you have any other concerns