1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to improve my body language?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by chetavani50, Oct 3, 2012.

1. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Hi pals,
    I work as an executive in a govt. sector. I m working here from 8 years and at first i had no knowledge of personal grooming.I thought that only face make-up is essential to look good. But later on i came to know that a good body language is also important for looking good.I am poor in this subject.can anybody give me tips on how to improve my body language? I need to look dignified for my job.

2. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

No answers!!!Have i posted it wrongly?

3. gopalafiero

gopalafiero Senior IL'ite

Personality books do help a lot..........google videos or youtube........try that??? plenty of mind and body matters subject or attend some personality based sessions

4. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

you can not force yourself to get good body postures but you can always try to make this process helpful by following few things.

Always be calm & patient. As anger, worry, fear or any other kind of mental situation does effect your body & can throw your body into what is not expected.

When ever you sit, sit upright with your back straight. This is will not only give you a good & well mannerd pose but also is very beneficial for your backbone.

Whenever you talk to some body, dont freely move your hands here & there, coz extra hand movements may cause a distruction during conversation, to avoid this situation you can hold your hand in hand.

When walking keep your neck straight & walk confidently, this will also boost your confidende. (but dont over stress yourself while doing all this)..

Dress & look good. This will boost your confidence which will automatically help you to maintain a good body language.

But to top it all, you need to be very relaxed, dont force yourself into it, but follow some basic steps & you will smoothly flow into this process.

For further details on body postures & movements google it.these were a few points from me.

I would too like to read from the other IL's

Take care.

1 person likes this.
  5. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

all tips by 6teenpears are great...
    one more is to look people in the eyes and talk confidently...

1 person likes this.
  6. Mishal

Mishal Senior IL'ite

IMO, all quick fixes for correcting body language would last a few days if one does not have a sense of self-awareness. So aim to introspect and observe yourself in your official context, during meetings, gatherings etc and build an awareness of how your body reacts given various situations. Observe the emotions that surface during those times, because your body language will always sync with your emotions. Building awareness of your flow of emotions during various scenarios will automatically help you correct your body language.
    Books on emotional intelligence may help in this regard..

2 people like this.
  7. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Read books about it.