1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to impress MIL while staying with her?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by soudiya, Oct 4, 2007.

1. soudiya

soudiya New IL'ite

Hi Everyone ,

I am a new joiner to this forum. I got married four months ago,( love marriage ) after a courtship of 7 years we got married . i am not living with my in laws cuz my husband travels alot for work purpose . Recently i have noticed that my mother in law and my father in law wants me to come and stay with them for atleast 15 days. My MIL and FIL are nice people but at times my MIL is very demanding and temperamental. Now i have these goose bums in my belly and an anxiety about how to handle her cuz i remember sometime ago she said i dont like anyone cooking for my son. she is highly possesive about her son and my husband doesnt believe me, he says its a fragment of my mind and i am just over reacting. He is sweet man and he loves me alot its just that he doesnt wanna listen anything bad about his mil and fil. infact he forced me to go live with them. now the big question is what should i do to make her like me. and i should i impress her. well to honest i am not a great cook so cooking will not impress her that's sure.

Kindly quick advice for my woes please

cheers
    :roll:

2. preeti

preeti New IL'ite

Re: help me

hi dont be nervous.

MIL r going to be MIL how much u please them. Its my 9 yrs exp. Just chill and be good at ur heart.It pays one day. If she has some set of mind u can t change her in one day .Ur deeds will work 4 u. Be good and just do ur duty with full heart.
    good luck.

Preeti

3. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Hi Soudiya,
    I think you should just be yourself and have an open mind towards her. Each one has their faults and we must accept a person with that. Dont go out of your way to impress her. It will seem artificial. Be nice, courteous and respectful. She will like you that way.

4. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Priya is right.. just be open minded, respectful, couteous and be generous..

Regarding cookin, if your MIL wants to cook for her son, so be it.. its only for 15 days or so.. u too can take a break from your cooking responsibilities. Impressing the inlaws..not sure if it would happen in just 15 days.. It takes ages for the inlaws to understand their son's wife.. Even if they feel u r good quality girl, they may never openly compliment you in any way..or to anybody for that matter. So, don't expect too much, just be yourself, never show faces however irritating ur mil is, have a smile on your face all the time as though you love them to bits in a honest way.

I guess that should do for now,

Geeth Priya.