1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle frizzy hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shubini, Apr 5, 2010.

1. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Hi Prettina, Even I have all those symptoms of body heat and head ache. There is no other option i guess other than oiling. I have started oiling in the nights, so the oil would be less the next day. I guess we need to take more liquids for cooling our body, and probably it would have some effect on the head ache.

I have noticed that if I go out in the sun after head bath, the head ache is bad, otherwise its manageable or sometimes not there also. We need to cover our head while out in the sun.

Lets wait for some more replies...

2. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi shardha,

Exactly said..

Me too have same symptoms like you....

Once i step in the sun i start getting severe head ache that too if i had head bath then it would be severe..

So i always carry an umbrella...

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

No scolding business Arch! Iam happy that at least you found a solution for this never ending problem!As othe4rs asked,please explain the process.

I will apply the serum from tomorrow and let you know.

4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

This is from paati, infact from her days when she stayed at Trivandrum - a mallu way, I guess.

We now vadichify rice, and hence have kanji ( you wont get in the pressure cooker/rice cooker method). To one bowl of kanji, I add about 6-7 hibiscus leaves( de stemmed) and microwave it for about 3-4 minutes. Then, I let it cool, slightly crush the leaves and pour the mixture on to a vessel.

I oil my hair with a mix of olive oil+castor oil ( heated) and stay for about 20 minutes. In the mean time, make this kanji and let it cool. While taking a shower, I add shampoo to a part of this water and pour it along and lather. It works very fine.

Also, I dont use a conditioner as regularly as I used to. It is only once in four washes. This smooths hair, and has drastically reduced hair-fall.

I think using a powder is a good idea too - if you have it.

Arch

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

This sounds cool.I need to get the hibiscus leaves powdered when I come over to India.Thanks for sharing!:cheers

6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Thanks Arch for the detailed method! I have seen ricemilk shampoo in oriflame for dry hair(ricemilk is arisi vadichcha kanji).I have used it once.My scalp is oily and hair is dry:rant It never suited me!

I will follow this traditional method Arch! Thanks again!

7. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Archana,

Thanks a lot for the inputs....let me try and see.

8. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Here's a very easy tip for frizzy hair:
    Mix 2 egg yolks and beat the paste until it is foamy. Massage this mixture on entire scalp and hair with it, when done; rinse it off thoroughly with warm water.
    Hope this helps :thumbsup