1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle frizzy hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shubini, Apr 5, 2010.

1. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

I have lots of short curly hair in the front and I have to apply a lot of oil to set it to my scalp or else all the hair becomes fluffy and my head appears like a cotton candy in the front.

It never gets a neat formal look and always looks like disturbed/uncombed hair.

How do I set all those small small hairs? Will a gel be helpful?

2. pushiv

pushiv New IL'ite

hi Shubini
    i can understand your problem very well! i went through the same feelings and got really frustrated one day when a friends kid said "aunty, y u never comb your hair"!!! gels do help but cant be used on an everyday basis.they might be harmful.conditioning and hair serums help to some extent, but a single breeze may make it go back to its wayward ways.i got my hair straightened.after that i felt relieved.yes, it is tough to maintain ( hav to use conditioners and serum regularly) but it is worth the effort.and you will really feel good.please go to a well known parlour and get it done.mine usually lasts for about 7 to 8 months.
    bye
    Pushpa

3. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot Pushpa....:bowdown

I was thinking about straightening also...planning to get a hair iron and try @ home. I wanted a remingtom straightener and tired of searcing for it....planning to get a philips brand this week.

My brother's marriage is coming up and I wanted to look a bit decent....and so are all these queries.

4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

I also have the same problem Shubini.

I do not want to straighten my hair.I have small hair through out the length and I plait my hair since I cannot leave free hair because of the hair length.My plaited hair looks like as if I have not touched comb to plait.It becomes a mess in 30 mins.It irritates me no end especially when I go for wedding receptions/important outings.

5. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Frizz control treatment you can try to control Frizzness.. Try that in branded parlours like Loreal ...

6. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Wow Brinda...is there something like frizz control treatment?

Any idea whats the techniques used for that treatment...will that really help?

7. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

RG,

Guess we got to live with these issues forever.....most of the treatments/creams/lotions are temporary solutions only.

If at all we need to take advantage of this hair...we need to become a saamiyar with fluffy hair or become a pei ottum asaami....:spin

wat say?

8. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

There is a professional product in Loreal to Control Frizz, i tried to purchase the product a year back but they said that is only for Parlours and not for end customers.

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Thanks Brindha for the info.Iam hearing this for the first time.

Shubini,

I agree with all the options you suggested.Iam roaming with comb all the time and it is really boring:thumbsup.This increases hair fall too:rant

10. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

RG, you had tried hair spa right, I had tried it only once, do you find any difference after hair spa. I have been thinking if the frizziness would reduce if hair spa is done more often. Do you have any idea regarding this?