How to fix microphone to DELL laptop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by srilak, Feb 7, 2007.

1. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

HI,

I recently bought DELL inspiron and having problem with microphone. My laptop didn't have any built in microphone so I bought Sony microphone to record my voice. However, when I was using microphone it was not recording my tone at all. How to solve this problem? Please someone give me some pointers to what type of microphone I should buy and how I should use it.

Regards
    srilak.

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

To record do the following,

1. Open Sound Recorder from Start->All Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Sound Recorder or by typing sndrec32 from Start->Run
    2. In the Sound Recorder window, Select Edit->Audio Properties (as in img1)
    3. Click on Volume (as in img2)
    4. You will get a window (as in img3). Click on the checkbox below the 'Microphone'. If you do not see microphone in this window, click on Options->Properties to get screen like img5. Check Microphone
    5. Close all open windows other than the Sound Recorder and Recording Control
    6. Press Record on the Sound Recorder while adjusting the level of microphone on the Recording Control window.
    Hope this helps...

Attached Files:

3. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

HI Krishnammaji,

Thanks for the reply.However, I had the problem with my mocrophone. First, I thought it had built in microphone but it didn't. Then I bought sony microphone. This one didn't have batteries when I bought. So I agian did shopping for batteries for Microphone. I didn't understand why big company like sony won't sell batteries with microphone. So after putting batteries in my microphone, now it is working. Now I am glad I can use my laptop for recording my voice.

Regards
    Srilak.

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Thanks for your FB. Any how you have over come the problem. :)

5. Poonkodi

Poonkodi Bronze IL'ite

I also faced the same problem with my dell laptop, thanks for sharing this useful informaiton.