1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Enjoy Retired Life?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: How to Enjoy Retired Life? :hello:

upload_2021-3-18_12-44-17.jpeg

I have just given my two cents. It will be a good idea for others visit here to add more ideas.
    Unpalatable Ideas cantering around spirituality, exercise, food reservation, vitamin supplements, sleep quantum are not to be included here.
    It should be fun and can be funny.

anika987 and Balajee like this.

2. Thyagarajan

:hello: Idea one:
    nerds among oldies familiar with excel can make out a list of friends
    Area vice, school vice , college vice , work place vice, year vice, gender vice

2. Make out a excel list of movies language vice, content vice, that made an everlasting indelible impression,
    3. A write up on how the nascent idea of longing for a life partner began ? Was the idea germinated by watching a movie or any other natural triggers like the girl next door...
    4. A write up on the most enjoyable period considered golden period in school or college or in an office
    & more...

Thanks and Regards.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I am sure the person who leaves the trolley neart the counter and walks out is a man , not a lady. Men believe in the adage a fool and his money are soon parted. But you can have more fun with this than expected. In these paranoid time, a trolley without anyone behind it can send imagination sky high. There couod be talk of bombs and bomb squad could be called to defuse a bomb that just isn't there. If possible leave the town. The CCTV cameras might have captured you.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

All jokes aside, this is a valid question.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

I don’t see fun in leaving shopping cart full of items near the counter. I personally hate people leaving items at random places in store. People who work at stores consider this as inconsiderate, negligent, lazy.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:@Flyhigher i have stated it is funny thread not to promote any particular idea. Just loud thinking. Please don’t take it to heart.
    Thanks and Regards.

Flyhigher likes this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I do not know how others do it but I think keeping oneself busy is one such option. Walk, exercise, yoga, reading, writing, mental exercise like spellathon, sudoku are part of my daily routine. At times, I do the most unproductive work like rearranging my closet or books. The only point is not to sit and grumble.

8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

In nay case he will be in a position to do it once or twice before he is caught by the CCTVs.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Ref to para3 of #2.
    The Tamil movie Kalyana Parisu - is the movie that put in me the idea of longing for a love - a partner in life .
    It was on 9 th April 1959 Thursday morning premier show for the press and for some vip families of producer director. With parents & my sister, I returned after watching this box office silver jubilee movie at around one o’clock afternoon. Balmy air.

Girl in half saree - not the girl next door but in the opposite building. Instantly I felt a liking for her. It is in modern term called “crush”. Perhaps the loving thoughts or and desire would be crushing the mind. Yes it did.

But then that was the time I was awaiting results of my SSLC Exam. With class mate cum chum, reached at 2 o’ clock to tamil news paper office. Huge crowd in huddles blocked the notice boards on which our results pasted.

My friend & I managed to pry through men in huddle. Seen on the board hundreds of numbers. My number 10966 was missing. It was printed 10964 மு 10967 10969 மு 10974. My friend told மு means முடிய - upto and his number 10968 was also missing. That means 10965 & 10966 - we both are not through.

We at once, rushed to shores of marina beach ( the Bay of Bengal). We looked at the roaring waves ebbing toward us every now and then from afar and collapsed as surf at our feet. We were in two minds. It was around four in the evening.

A very tall shadow on the shore in front of us appeared. It was my Friend’s elder brother: some how sensed our intent and reached the shores before we could commit that nonsense. He showed us the hindu English paper in which also results published. As per that we both are through. A great turn around.

With this experience my crush for half saree girl opposite just vanished. She soon left for Singapore and I shifted residence.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    iyerviji likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

What a tragic love story Tyagu sir. Nowadays it is very difficult to get naughty in TN beaches, particularly Marina and Elliot's,. You have massive crowd in the morning and evening. Only in the hot sweaty afternoon you can have some privqcy. In the evening, the long arm of the law morphs into moral police so it is a risky affair. And in these days of social distancing....love becomes something of Russian roulette.

Thyagarajan likes this.