1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How to Do? What To Do?..Query On Glass Painting & Other..

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by oyecool007, Jan 21, 2010.

1. kiruth

kiruth New IL'ite

Need suggestions for fabric printing

hello friends,
    i would like to take training in fabric (hand)printing.where i can get this training.how useful it is?

kiruthiga

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Need information on Madhubani Painting!!

Hello Ladies

I am planning to do a small madhubani painting this weekend...its been long time I was planning, browsed all the threads in here got lots of information. I need help with some questions I have...appreciate if anyone could answer these..Thanks!

What type of fabric can be used for Madhubani paintings?

Is there any pre-preparation or prepping up to be done before painting (like glass paintings where you wash the glass with glass cleaner to remove the residue etc..) so for madhubani painting on fabric what has to be done before we start tracing the design / painting..

What type of paints can be used?? (acrylic/oil...)

Pls be specific as I would buy exactly those materials..Planning to go to Michaels and get these materials..let me know if you know any other good place where we can buy these a bit cheaper!!

3. chithras

chithras Silver IL'ite

Re: Need information on Madhubani Painting!!

Hi,
    Materials:
    You can get small size canvas boards at Michaels.
    I have used acrylic and fabric colors. . (Brand name is Folk art) No need to mix with anything.
    I used to buy the acrylic colors & acrylic gesso from the college (book stores)
    Brand name is Artist brand.
    Glass painting:
    Just wash the glass before painting and wipe with soft cloth. Then draw the designs.
    Fabric:
    It depends on your ideas. If you wish to do on fabric cloth, use canvas as the surface. You can get the canvas cloth at any crafts store. You don’t need to do anything before you paint. Just draw the designs.
    You can also use plain color Bengal cotton saree if you have one. After completing the paintings just iron the backside of the painting. In India you can get white cotton poplin cloth.
    Regards,
    Chithra

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Need information on Madhubani Painting!!

Chithra

Thanks alot for the detailed information....will post my work as soon as I do it..thanks again!!!

5. bhuvanhan

bhuvanhan Silver IL'ite

Query????

Hey friends,

Please let me know how to remove stains of fevicryl fabric glue from cloth. While doing work a small patch fell on my salwar, I tried to remove it but it had dried and the stain look awfully bad and I am unable to use it due to this stain. If anybody has faced such a problem and have a solution please share it.:confused2:

6. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Re: Query????

I am not quite sure abt the answer, but did u try using kerosene on it? May be that might help? Coz thats how we could try removing the fevi-qucik from our fingers.!

Sorry, if it wasn't of any help. But I hope the stain goes off

7. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Re: Query????

Did you try washing the material? the fevicol products become permanent only on ironing. u can remove the stain by washing immediately.
    vidya

8. chitraprakash

chitraprakash New IL'ite

tanjore painting video in tamil version

hai, I need a video on how to make tanjore paintings on tamil version. please help me

9. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Re: tanjore painting video in tamil version

I have seen videos in English version, but that was very nicely said and very easy to understand even if it was in English, let me know if you would to have that. I will find the link for you