1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to do a thorough background check?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Unhappylady, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Unhappylady

Unhappylady New IL'ite

While getting proposals from men both unmarried & divorced.. How can we check their background? Apart from knowing what the family does, talking to them & also knowing the guy's profession & interests.. Will it be possible to know if they are abusive or not, if they are prone to infidelity & if they cheat in any other way?

2. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    A person genuinely interested in you will try to know more about you by talking to you .. He would be well communicative ..Infedelity/Abusiveness cannot be found before.. Better to maintain distance so that the abusiveness will not come out.. I am in same boat but not getting any good matches..I have the same fears as yours.

3. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

Dont worry you both. There wont be a single guy on this earth who wont abuse or flirt. Itna satyavadi harishchandra ki aulad abhi tak koi paida nahi hua hai. (Not even Harischandra's sons would be so honest).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. Unhappylady

Unhappylady New IL'ite

LOL..!! this is so true.. This is the reason I like IL coz of the support/advice women get here even though its the virtual world.. Everytime there is an article about marriage & divorce on TOI or any other newspaper there are atleast 200 comments mostly from men who go on & on about how horrible divorced women are, how they should not be allowed to get married again or how women should not get any rights.. All of them are MCP's(male chauvinistic pigs) who's ego has been hurt coz women nowadays are more educated & have more power..

regarding your question its hard to know every detail about a person's nature & their past unless you have common colleagues/friends who can tell you about the guy..

5. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

hi,

some ways of doing the spy work is...

send a relative/friend to his home town and talk to neighbours, shop guys ,if they know this family and what they think about then etc.....

find some person who works in his company, ask ur friends or relatives to talk to people in his company about him.

use social networking sites, Browse his facebook profile, orkut profile,linkedin...etc..... check his friends list to see if people seem ok or not....

these are some tips :) hope it helps

6. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Shilpa,

I dont agree that all men are either abusive or flirtatious. Or maybe I am just lucky not to have them in my family !!

As regards your question of how to find if a person is abusive or will cheat - i am afraid there is no easy way of finding that one out ! It is how well you know the person and your assessment of his character/behaviour that will guide you. There are no hard and fast rules here - infidelity can happen even after 10 years of a strong n happy marriage. I believe, marriage is a calculated risk and it is not what you bring to it but what you make of it.

Hope you find your Mr. Right soon !!

love,
    kylie

4 people like this.
  7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

In the US there are some websites that consolidate all public info into a report, for prices ranging from $19.95 to $50 or more. Google it.
    "Background reports include, when available, a criminal check, lawsuits, judgments, liens, bankruptcies, property ownership, address history, phone numbers, relatives & associates, neighbors, marriage/divorce records and more."
    Character is a different matter of course.

8. Unhappylady

Unhappylady New IL'ite

This is interesting but I wonder if in case of divorce we get to know the actual reason..

9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Maybe and maybe not. If there was abuse, but they agreed to a 'mutual consent' or 'irreconcilable differences' filing to get it all over with, then you will only see what is formally filed in the public court records. Still, worth a look I guess, if you are really concerned - just one more source of information.

10. wizzie

wizzie Silver IL'ite

How can you find whether person is abusive or is prone to infidelity by doing background checks?