1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to discipline my child and make him write?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by tanu khurana, Apr 17, 2012.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

In the last weekend i was out with friends and took my 3 yr old son along... He was behaving so badly in front of my colleagues.. just stubborn on few issues and if i said no he started beating me in front of everyone or started lying on the ground....... i felt so bad and ashamed...even one of my colleague complained he is using abuse words to her and if i scold him he just went under the table and just sit on the ground....... Actually i stay in joint family with in-laws and i heard this he use to beat my MIL and say abuse words to her and my MIL & FIL laughs at this do not scold him.... I AM WONDERING HOW TO DISCIPLINE HIM....
    one more problem i am suffering with is that my kiddo do not write at all he goes to a play school since a year he is 3 yr 3 months old now and kids younger to him writes he is only lagging behind, i tried play way methods, giving him reward, i am a teacher and everyone appreciates my way of teaching but i can not make my son write........WHAT A DILEMMA? i AM TOO WORRIED WITH THESE ISSUES :bonkI JUST GIVE HIM 2-3 SLAPS WITH HE SAYS HE DO WANT TO WRITE? please help me guys.......

2. meghana21

meghana21 New IL'ite

Do not expect a 3 year old to behave like an adult. They are so innocent and don't know anything. Teach him that rolling on the floor will make him dirty.. Teach him hitting can hurt.. Don't worry about the reading/writing part. They will learn eventually. If your child is playful, teach him by play.. Play hop-scotch with him to teach him numbers.. Ask him if he can read from far and holding alphabets from far.. Read him colorful books atleast 15 minutes a day.. Don't spank him.. its not good for him and he will just get more stubborn.. A child will listen only when loved and cared..Shower him with lots of hugs and kisses..and most importantly be patient..Show him and people around him respect and he will learn quickly..

3. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

thanks Meghna,
    He identifies all alphabets count up to 50 , can recite at least 7 poems but do not know why he become stubborn in case of writing.... i follow up all the tips...

love
    tanu :thumbsup

4. poornimasathish

poornimasathish Bronze IL'ite

Hai Tanu, writing and reading is not a big problem. Children will learn it. But it is very important to discipline them from this age otherwise they will not know that what they are doing is wrong. Check out in his school whether he behaves in the same manner. Don't hit him or scold him, it will make no difference. Just deny him something may be his favorite toy or chocolates or something which he likes the most. Tell him its wrong to hit someone and also to use bad words. Ask everyone at home to follow this, because if only you do this and others support him then he will think you are bad and others are good. Follow that only if he behaves properly he will have his things.
    If he throws something then ask him whether he needs it or not and act as if throwing it in the bin or outside if he doesn't need it. We have to give some sort of punishment to children otherwise they will not understand what is right and what is wrong.

5. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Kids who throw temper tantrums are mainly like that because they feel they are not getting attention (can also be that they are used to too much attention, that they dont know to play by themselves). Encourage him to play with his toys alone in a place you can watch him and yet he can quietly play. Also, if he feels he is not being understood or heard it is difficult. It is better to agree to his demands verbally and then divert his attention. Time out can work and dont make it too long. The minute you feel the crying has changed from anger to sad you can approach him and advice softly on how he should be behaving. Give him paper and pencil and encourage him to draw. My kid is also a nit like this. Things are better once she started speaking. Kids who are independent by nature feel frustration when not understood by adults. Encourage him to speak about what he wants and how he is feeling. He should be able to recognize and understand his own state of emotions. hope this helps