1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with this

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sujimallige, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Suji,

You yourself say that your MIL knows your weak point ie thinness. You yourself seem to have this inferiority complex. Come out of it dear, thinness is not a disease or any other problem.
    If you ant to put on healthy weight, take a handful of mixed nuts daily with meals or breakfast. Do exercise with that. You'll have enough muscles on you to carry a baby. Just don't bother about what your MIL tells you.

Only when you show that their comment hurts you, they'll come again and again with the comments. When they comment, just smile at them and get out of that place. Do not answer or say anything to them. Be as if the dogs are barking and let them go on and on. You are not going to stop the dogs barking Do you? Just don't bother Ok.

This had worked for me, many times. You can also follow that.
    I have done this to other people who keep commenting on me and turned the joke over to them by smiling at them. No reactions on your face , only a smile. It'll work wonders.

Love
    Latha :wave

2. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi Suji,
    you are lucky to be slim. Being thin does not have anything to do with getting pregnant, infact, i have known friends reducing weight as per doctor's advice to concieve. Just check your thyroid levels and if there is no problem in that area there is nothing to worry Be happy and enjoy your slimness while it lasts. For I am one such person who had not put even a kilo, even after eating all sorts of food before child birth and now finding it difficult to reduce .
    uma

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks friends for ur encouraging words.
    Thanks Lena for such support.
    My problem is I am too scared of my in laws.I am scared to even show any emotions on my face (hurt angry even hungry).
    I shall try to get strong..

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

I know how difficult this is coz I went through it myself... not by my in-laws. I used to be thin (this is a family trait) and when my parents where trying to find a groom for me so many families rejected me coz I was not 'healthy-looking'. And then I started avoiding any family functions since this seemed to be the main topic of the day. It does hurt a lot. My husband's family no one is fat and when I once mentioned the ordeal I went thro' to my fil he had such a big laugh saying his daughters too had to face the same problem. Now I'm slim and whenever I visit my relatives who have all put on weight after a baby or two want to know my secret. So be patient and wait for the day when the ball will be in your court. Don't let down tears in front of your daunting in-laws and give them that happiness of seeing you in pain. Be brave and cry when you are alone:) Your husband is supportive of you.. that's what matters most.

5. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi there
    Firstly congratulations on being slim :thumbsup
    in today's time where most people suffer from obesity and over-eating habits you are blessed.
    in my opinion, to feel stronger in front of your ILs, you would have to prove it to yourself that you are physically fit even thouigh your body structure appears lean and weak! So, simply go and see a trainer in a fitness club and get yourself a routine check up done. Even better, go for some general exercises that would increase your stamina and make your legs strong to be carrying a baby - But remember, this is one activity that almost all expecting mothers are advised to be doing - so again its not specially for you. Besides, you might even like to consult your ob/gyne regarding your physical ability to have a baby.

And there you go :clap once you are sure yourself, you will be in a stronger position to face your ILs!

Good luck dear lady!
    Love
    Charu..

6. fanny

fanny New IL'ite

My dear friend,

Please don't get upset with all these silly comments, thanks to your God that at least you have supporting husband, that is the most needed support any wife will look for. These inlaws who are making comments I think they are not aware of the world, because there are so may ladies who are slim but delivers healthy babies.
    One of my friend who is till date only 43 kgs. had given birth 2 babies with a gap of only 1 1/2 year, you willl be surprised to know the weigth of the babies during their birthtime, one weighs 5 kgs, and the other one was 4.5 kgs., so don't take tension, and dont give important to those who makes silly comments, and don't have much knowlege what and where the world is going..

All the best.

7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suji
    You are really gifted if you are thin these days.I weighed only 32 kgs when I got married.My husband weighed 40kgs.One of my father's friends' wife came and asked my parents whether they were performing child marriage!!!!.My husband was 29 and I was 22 then.Even when son was born I weighed only 37 kgs.I have had 2 normal deliveries.Now I weigh 62 kgs and envy all the thin ones on the road and wish and wish that I could back to the good old 30 plus kgs....Do not bother as long as your husband is supportive.Being thin does not matter,you should stay healthy that is what matters.Being thin doesn't mean that you cannot bear children.Good food and exercise aids in good pregnancy and delivery.So do not worry about all these small trivails of life and have a happy married life.

8. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Traveller,Charu,Fanny,Radhee and Kanaka.
    I feel so free after reading such encouraging words.