How To Deal With Relatives Who Come After $$$ After Parents Death

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Mar 19, 2023.

1. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

lot of ILS are here to help.

just my opinion. slow down.

meditate. you cannot control everything and everyone.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@SuiDhaaga

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. Be brave and give your dad a lot of confidence. He will do well and will be back home healthy.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I'm glad for this site. At least there are humans on this site. I get perspectives on how to help my Dad. Still have to realize the fear, sadness, etc comes and goes in waves.

There is only so much a person can do.

I learned that we must rely on God and the Good in people. Learned this reading a book, "Broken" about a girl who was molested by her Step-Father. She prayed to God for the "horrible" to stop, but it never did. Then as she grew up she learned to rely on the "Good" in people.

Ok, I went off in a tangent.

Thank you for your reply

4. SuiDhaaga

Thank you so much. We are anxious about tomorrow. I am trying to tie up any odds and ends. And my Dad keeps saying, "if I get back, hopefully, I will explain x-y-z" (this x-y-z is a household topic)

Hospital has to call later this afternoon to confirm what time we have to reach tomorrow. Usually 5:30 am, 6am in the morning.

I am praying that surgery. is as scheduled and performed by Dr that Dad is most comfortable with (of course with his team, but Dr is Captain of the Ship)

I am checking Amazon to see if certain things are arriving today earlier than 5pm for sustenance at hospital because food is unhealthy (i.e. honey for Starbucks coffee, packets of mixed nuts and 92% GHIRARDELLI dark chocolate squares)

Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes!

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@suidaaga,

You are very well prepared. Sometimes, depending on emergencies, the hospital may move the surgery time and don't sweat on it. Many of us always like to be the first surgery of the day as we believe the Doctor will be fresh in the morning hours. But as far as surgeons are concerned, every surgery is important and they pay maximum attention to each one of them. The surgeon himself may not have control over the exact time of the surgery as the hospital is the one that schedules it.

Remember that the surgical team is exceptional with so much of experience and with state-of-the-art apparatuses and eqipment. They can troubleshoot almost any situation quickly and in real-time. They do meticulous planning for every surgery and the post surgery care as they know that post surgery care as important as surgery itself.

My best wishes.

swarnamary and SuiDhaaga like this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

OMG thank you so much! I needed to read this right now.

swarnamary and Viswamitra like this.