1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to convince DW to mingle with my family ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by JayDixit, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Jay

Ask your wife, just in a simple tone...dont try to convince..but just say ok, now that i have my cousins wedding, I have to attend, you know right..I cant skip it, it wont look good...I will take DD to the wedding, do you want to join? only if you want to..no forcing.

If she says yes...koool..if she starts picking old stuff..just say ok, before I go anywhere, I want to discuss with you as we are family, if you dont like to come, your wish, no forcing. Me and DD will go.

But ensure you take your daughter to the wedding and make this clear to your wife.

coming to handling your aunts and relatives...BEST REASON " DOCS Suggested her to take some bed rest" she was running around with the kid too much and we had to coordinate lots of stuff for moving back to India" so she got her BP high so had to rest...as we dont want her to swallow more medicines not good for the baby. I too might have to go in between to check if things are ok:) Stick to one such reason...dont change it...keep saying she needs rest. thats it. moreoever no one would fret over if a pregnant lady doesnt come to the wedding, as such places would be full of heavy stress, shoutings, suffocating , and not enough space ot move crowded.

Dont feel guilty you have to worry about your family and your life. Many Such occasions would come in future where your wife would accompany you, provided you fix things slowly. So dont worry about it. Enjoy the wedding and let your daughter have fun with your relatives(one way its good too if your wife doesnt join you to this wedding..your mom can mingle with your daughter for a while and you also watch how is your mom acting towards your kid.)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010