how to choose the right nursery.

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by cheman, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cheman

cheman New IL'ite

hi friends
    we a re living in scotland
    I have a 3 yr old and I wanted to put her in a good nursery, I browsed and found one with excellent ratings in the HMIE reports , it was rated excellent in all the fields. she got a place in there. she is due to join tomorrow. But while speaking to one of my friends , she said the area where the nursery was there wasnt a good one. kids predominantly from that area would be attending the nursery.
    Now i am in a Dilema, whether to send her for a few days and then change, or to change the nursery right away.........
    any views in this would be much appreciated as we have just moved here from India and i dont know much about the place

thanks

:)

2. deepa641

deepa641 New IL'ite

Welcome aboard! Education is a mine field in UK.

I am not sure you could change a nursery after a place has been offered. But I am in England, in Scotland it may be different.

Sometimes ratings may be dissuasive but not always. Speak with local people and parents of nursery where your kid is placed and get their feedback.

Think about your situation - how near or far other nursery could be, transport mode etc

Then go with gut feeling which is right for your kid and you.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011