1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to choose the correct bra

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by latha kulkarni, Jan 9, 2008.

1. dweepa

dweepa New IL'ite

really very useful information serenity

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

:thankyou2: Serenity,
    u have mentioned lot of points to keep in mind while selecting the correct one...
    Very gud info lol.. :-D

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thats a very useful info, but wat to do with larger breasts, does the same conditions apply??

4. nokia6681

nokia6681 New IL'ite

good info :bowdown

5. Serenity_John

Serenity_John Bronze IL'ite

Yes, Sanravi,

Same conditions apply. But with larger breasts though, the cup size MIGHT be over D and get into DD or F, etc.

Don't be embarrassed about the size of the bra and try to buy a lower size or something. B/c you are looking for lot more back pain, fatigue, and aging qualities like "saggy" chest, which adds more pounds too under the clothes.

Always better to wear the correct size ones whether it seems small or large size compared to other females.

Hope this helps! :D

Sere

6. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

very nice tips.. but i dont think these kind of measurements are available in indian shops.. here (even in naidu hall) u get oly size 30, 32, 34 etc.. i have never heard of this ABCD used along with them.. do we get these kinda sizes here.. kindly clear my doubt..

7. NKumar

NKumar New IL'ite

Hi all, Dont get me wrong...Whenever I buy bras as present to my wife, either it is tight or loose or can't be hooked etc...She is in between 36 and 37 size..Neither 36 nor 38 fits...This is a genuine problem...Please advise me if she should go to trial rooms like there is for other dresses...
    I was too embarassed to seek help....Thank God for this thread now...

8. Serenity_John

Hi Deepi,

Actually I've been busy for a couple of days now that's why I didn't reply yet. :redface:

I never shopped for lingerie in India actually so I don't have any tips by experience. But when I did research though, I could only see that there is still number and ABCD style measuring in india. If not, then I saw that there lingerie stores in Chennai that probably do sell bras with that type of measuring. Here's info of all the such stores in Chennai: Lingerie in Chennai|Clothing & Accessories Chennai India
    The Hindu : Retail Plus Chennai : The inside story!
    Underlines - The Lingerie Boutique- Boutiques in Chennai - www.chennaibest.com

Actually I was thinking about not having ABCD style of measuring in the shops and I have a feeling that maybe the salesperson judged you whatever size he/she thought and just gave that cup size with the number you gave. I read some stories where the salespersons are prone to suggest which size you are so I'm thinking that might be one reason you haven't heard of ABCD thing.

If it's not done like that in the shops there though, you should definitely go shopping and try the bras in fitting room. Try to take different sizes of bras to see which is better fitting. And you can try asking for cup size too so see if they do have that style or just judge as small/medium/large/X-large instead of ABCD.

Good luck Deepi!

Sere :D

9. Serenity_John

Hi NKumar,

I realize that many times husbands do buy lingerie for wives but still it would only be effective way of shopping if you and your wife know the correct size and correct brand (assuming that your wife didn't go through weight gain/loss in meanwhile time). Just in case of any mishaps with sizes happen, try to find out what the return policy of the store is with lingerie.

Otherwise, it's far easier (and less hassle) to just take your wife shopping too and let her try out the bras in the fitting room before buying.

Good luck! :D

Sere

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  10. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sere for your detailed reply. Next time when i go for lingerie shopping i'll make it a point to ask about these measurements and let you know. As u said even if they dont use them here, i can use the trial room and find the best fit. Thank you Bow