1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How To Bring Canvas Painting From India To Usa?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Gswarna, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Gswarna

Gswarna Senior IL'ite

Has anyone brought large painting from India to USA? Is it safe to do it in check-in luggage or have you tried to courier it ?
    Kindly share your experiences in this.

Thanks much
    Swarna

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi, dont know if I am late in replying, just saw this post. I also dont know how large your painting is. But I have sent my 4'x3' painting of the reproduction of Ravi Verma's Dhamayandhi on water color paper ,to canada . I bought the proper size of packaging fiber glass tube and rolled the painting to fit inside. Secured the outer with bubble wrap and sent. Now it is hanging framed in their home.

3. Gswarna

Gswarna Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much for your response. But, did you mail that ?

kaluputti likes this.
  4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

No, my son took it. But you can use international courier service to ship it. If it is framed, it has to be packed in crate with insulation before shipping it. In chennai we have packers and courier service to do that. I have also shipped a large 32"x28" framed Tanjore painting in crate to Singapore through such services. My contact also sends to Canada, germany etc in the same way.