1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Avoid Pasta/maggi Noodles For Kids...any Healthy Alternative For Maggi?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Daffodil13, Jul 27, 2018.

1. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

I saw Hebbar's kitchen and other sites and made tomato sauce at home during this weekend. It came out fine but not to the taste of store bought. Luckily my girl liked it...:)

I tried seeing this recipes in opos method, couldnt find good link to see these recipes ...esp for cakes and Jams...Can you ping me the link which you have if any..[/QUOTE]

Hi
    Nowadays there are plenty of organic shops selling stuff like noodles, spaghetti ,flakes (poha), flour etc in millets. I directly buy from shops. You can google and find out the shops in your city.
    And you can join opos support group in facebook for recipes.

2. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Ashneys for the detailed instruction...I will try it and see how it works out..:)

3. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Rakhii...Nice suggestion. Let me try it. My daughter is actually interested in cooking but only while preparing her fav items like Cake, Biscuits and Gobi Manchurian at home...

All remaining veggie and dal preparation, she says it is boring..;)
    Yeah, Me too fine to give junk food once in a week but cant allow almost alternate day which is happening now

4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Nowadays there are plenty of organic shops selling stuff like noodles, spaghetti ,flakes (poha), flour etc in millets. I directly buy from shops. You can google and find out the shops in your city.
    And you can join opos support group in facebook for recipes.[/QUOTE]

Sure Shreepriya..Will join the group...

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I know there are cookie cutters that cut veggies in fun shapes. have you looked into it? maybe a good food art will entice her into eating veggies?

6. Kashan

Kashan New IL'ite

Hi All

This is from my personal experience. I try to give gluten free diet to my DS. SO wheat noodles from outside is a complete no no for him.

I make healthy veg noodles using a SPIRALIZER. We can make noodles of Zucchini, Sweet Potatoes, carrots and other vegetables that are little hard in texture and not runny or squishy. I make my own tomato sauce and add some proteins(egg,chicken, paneer, tofu) to the noodles and it is done. It is a very good option if you want to give your kid healthy gluten free noodles.