How safe is mint.com money management service

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by allzzwell, Nov 7, 2011.

1. allzzwell

allzzwell New IL'ite

Hi All,

One of my friends told me about indusladies website and recently I have started referring indusladies for some of my day-today activites...it is very helpful and thanks to you all.

I need some details about how safe is mint.com; This weekend, my husband mentioned about mint.com and he even opened an account in it - linking all credit cards, bank accounts... I am not very comfortable linking bank accounts in mint.com account and I tried explaining to my hubby. But he tried convincing and we ended up arguing...now I am concerned how safe it is to link bank accounts and has any one experienced using mint.com for your expenses management; if so, would you recommend to your friends / family to use it. Pls share your experiences in using mint.com and safety measures to be taken while using it. Thanks in advance.

SM.

2. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi SM,

Welcome to Indusladies.com...It's an ocean of information and you will get almost every information you need here.

You have taken a good step to get your finances organized. Using mint.com will help you keep a track of you income and expenses...spending pattern..etc..

But a software will not help you plan your finances or help in investment. At the end of the day you will have data in hand to analyze. Having data with you is good but more important is what you do with that data which I am sure mint.com will not tell. It will tell you where you are...it'll not show you the way to where you want to go.

Now that you have complied with what your husband wanted...It's you turn to convince him to get a personal financial adviser for your self..

Regards,

Shaishav