1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How OLD am I ???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi !
    Thats a nice article about the simultaneous ages we can be depending on our state of mind ! Yes, its all in the mind, isn't it ! (So what if external clues like gray hair and crow's -feet try to advertise the chronological age ! ) I still feel like a youngster and after packing off my son to primary school, i still sit down to read and enjoy Archie Comics !

Take a look at this funny link.

How Old Would You Be on Another Planet?

It would seem like age is a matter that depends on the accident of our birth on planet earth ! Calculate your age, had you been on Pluto, Neptune or Jupiter ( but try not to touch Mars and Venus !) Thats sure to boost youthful spirits even in grandmothers ! :thumbsup

2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Beautiful article dear Mindi, enjoyed a lot. :thumbsup. God bless you.

3. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Dear Mindi...
    can totally relate to how you feel....
    meeting up with old school / college friends is the best way to stay young... last time we all met up with our kids one of them told us to our horror ... "moms please behave yourselves you are embarrassing us!!!"..
    but yes we get reminded of our age
    ---everyday in the morning when you wake up the knee aches and shoulder needs massage!!
    --- when i go to the salon to colour my hair longer because i want to change my look but to hide the grey!!
    ----loud blaring music at disco or at any restaurant is no-no place...
    ---- when i get horrified that my son wants to grow his hair, wear only branded clothes and he is only 12 years old!!!

well... ouch... this is a touchy topic for us in middle age...
    K

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

And oh yes, I felt REALLY young when my youngest student asked me sweetly in all innocence “Can I add you as my friend in facebook?” “But you see me every day, what do you want me in facebook for” I asked him. “So that I can see your picture”, said the little one immediately. Well, now that made me feel beautiful and sought after too. Bless the little dear.

I have just concluded that I am as OLD as I feel. Why bother about Father Time?[/QUOTE]

dear mindi

lovely age post
    did you age as you wrote
    or did you turn a few years
    younger
    see you on face book
    pretty one

sathya

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paddy,

You belong to that Not very common category called "evergreen "...ask anyone here in Il..will they ever call you"old",Never:)

But that is true of most of our senior citizens in Il..which makes this site unique.Now maybe that is another reason for me feeling "young".I should have added that :bonk

Then my dear DH passed this remark " Enna chinnaponnaattam sirippu?"

Hai Hai...what a remark..idhu oru compliment poraadha ungaluku? Reminds me of the pair Shivaji and K R Vijaya.enna romantic?:thumbsup God Bless you both.

So lucky you are to have an young admirer. I do have admirers in my apartment but they are 70 to 75 years old !!! Idhu thevaiya enakku?

I am sorry about that:rotfl:rotfl but reflect on that properly...I am sure you have admirers in all age groups..It is your pick:)

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi TL,

YOU SAID IT:thumbsup very true,it is exactly in the mind. )

I still feel like a youngster and after packing off my son to primary school, i still sit down to read and enjoy Archie Comics !

hahahh i really liked that...as if it is now your turn to be the kid,eh??

thanks for the link..it was really funny...Btw Great to see you in different threads with lovely responses :thumbsup i am sure it is going to be fun having you here.

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear susri,

thanks for the visit and good wishes..glad that you liked the post:)

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear K,

great to see you here:) i enjoyed all the points you have added.....

meeting up with old school / college friends is the best way to stay young... last time we all met up with our kids one of them told us to our horror ... "moms please behave yourselves you are embarrassing us!!!"..

:cheers to you i can totally relate to that......you know i too have this group of friends in blr..our kids grew up together since prep 1 and are now in their late teens.we have a real great time when we all meet up...and it is the other way round now..the kids are embarrassed by our loud talk and laughter.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear sathya,

It is always a pleasure to see you and I enjoy your UNIQUE style of verses.:)

Yes sathya I am a little younger now after reading all the fbs here.Nothing like friends to keep me young, I guess.Thanks dear for the visit.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  10. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    [JUSTIFY][JUSTIFY]Dear Mindi,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. I am always in my mental age than in my chronological age. Many a times i go blank for a while when people ask me for my age.
    Somehow in my mind my age is registered 26 when i got married. i didn't believe when i crossed 30. How can i be 30 when i am still 26? My kids are 8 and 4 years old. They have questions like ' when will you be a grandmother?' while we talk over the phone to their grandparents. I am in my mind newly married and my kids make me feel a grandparent. ah!!!!!!
    This incident(accident) happened when i was really newly married and moved to Bangalore. The newspaper boy hardly 4 -5 years younger to me, put the paper and said 'hello aunty'. First time in my life, i heard someone calling me 'aunty', that too a boy who is just the age of my brother calling me 'aunty'. :spin This ' aunty' 'aunty' kept echoing the whole day. The teenager girl next door calls me 'aunty' just because i am married:bonk. i would have been more happy if she had called me by my name or add a akka to it.
    my s-i-l's are elder to me by 10 years. so me and my co sister are always young in chronology when compared. thanks to my mil.:)
    love
    lakshmi
    [/JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]​
    [/JUSTIFY]