1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you communicate with your Parents???

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Sunny3, Feb 1, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi,

i call my mom alternate days, for 3-4 mins, on weekends long talk. In my case if my dad picks up, after initial hello and how are you, he himself will handover the phone to my mohter, even though i would have liked to speak with him more. :)

2. Anuradha00

Anuradha00 Bronze IL'ite

My mother and I share a cooking blog so we communicate through that quite often. Regarding phone calls, it is about 3 to 4 times a week (about 10 mins at a time). Weekends, we talk for about an hour.

Same thing with mil. Phone calls 3-4 times a week for 10 mins at a time and weekend call for 1 hour. Mil loves to cook too but since she is not very internet savvy she gives me her recipes and concoctions and I post them on my blog under her name.

3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Everyday...

Talk abt everything-trivia and otherwise with Mom.

It is a daily pleasure for both of us.Best way to stay connected is talking-where ever you are.

4. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Nice thread,

I call my mom daily, and talk for nearly 30 mins or less. The first thing I do after coming from office is calling home. We talk about everything, and as usual mom gives me all the updates. Both can't spend any day without talking to each other.. touchwood:)

For more info: I call my MIL once in two weeks or so, and talk for only 5-10 mins. And most of the time, our talks are like formal conversations. But i visit them and spend many days with them whenever I go on vacation to India, so both shares all the updates.

Similarly my DH calls his parents quite often (3-4 times a week), but rarely call my parents (only on special occasions or if anything urgent), but when we visit them he talks nicely and relaxdely with them for hours.

5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Mom : everyday 5-10 mins b4 gng for lnch.. health status of all & kids plus specific topic if any. Either she calls or I call her.
    Dad : once a week, when convinient to him.

It wasn't this way 3 yrs back, however no worries :) enjoying it.

6. r.anjum

r.anjum New IL'ite

I talk to my mother n MIL everyday

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  7. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

I talk to my mom daily(even on weekends):) for about 1 hour. Many wonder what is there to talk for one hour that too daily,but that is the kind of rapport we share with each other. I call my mom as soon i get up,I talk, talk and...... talk:hide:. Most of the time i don't have the heart to hung up but have to, as it will be night time in India:rant.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Nice thread...

I talk to my mom almost daily.. Either she calls me or I give a call to her.. So ultimately we have all the updates of each other..

9. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

i talk to my maa daily without fail as she lives in china lives with my bro...if i am busy to call ,she will call....we both can't live without eachother,my father was expired when i was 8 yrs old....thats y we 2 sisters and a brother r very close to maa.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The pattern has varied over the years. It used to be every 2-3 days, every day and then it went to once a week. Of late, it is every other day. My mother is getting old, and the talk is mostly from her side about the latest with relatives, maid servant and day to day stuff. I keep it light from my side.

Nice thread. Thank God phone rates are so affordable now!
    Rihana