1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How often do newly married couples with no past have sex?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by Sharanya, Mar 15, 2014.

1. smprop1999

smprop1999 Silver IL'ite

Hello Sharanya,

This sounds strange and fishy.. May be she knows about her son's issue already..

Your MIL sounds like a very interesting character.. On one hand she worries about her son's career, school days glory.. could not take his friends coming up in life.. wants his son to come to glory at the expense of his happiness.. On the other hand she doesn't wish for grand kids and heir for her family.. mm.. doesn't add up..

His ego and IC makes him not to face the reality of returning to India & face the society/family as a loser (in his view point).. For his problems, he is taking you for a ride.. planning you as his condo keeper in Singapore.. very selfish..

I really doubt your husband will take you even if he goes to US with H1 visa. I could be wrong and I wish so.. but just giving my point of view.. He cant go back to India as a failure (in his mindset) (or) take you with him as a family since he is not interested in family or intimacy.. (or) send you to India with your parents since that is again a social pressure and he will be into trouble..
    So he is very clear in his planning..

Now it basically boils down to your decision on shaping your life.

You mentioned in your 1st post as at the verge of divorce.. but still
    ASK YOURSELF:

* DO YOU LOVE HIM? HAVE FEELINGS FOR HIM??
    DONT BRING IN his career, suicide attempts, no physical intimacy, his disinterest in kids, MBA, INSEAD, F1 visa, PR rejection etc.. etc.. For a moment put all these aside..

DO you think you have feelings for him? Do you miss him when he is not around? Is he a good person other than the listed issues?
    Does he listen to your views, thoughts, feelings?
    Do some soul searching..

* DO YOU THINK HE LOVES YOU? CARES FOR YOU?? FEELS FOR YOU??
    Judging by your post, most of us know the answer.. but still giving benefit of doubt..
    There could be some element of exaggeration in your post.. So you are the only person who knows the exact issue. So give it a SERIOUS thought..

If you have "No" as ANSWER for any one or both, then "not having sex regularly" is not the main issue.. there is no mutual bonding or closeness. So ask yourself the following questions:

* Is it worth continuing this life?
    Life is short and everyone deserves to have a happy life.. You still have a lot of life ahead of you and should not waste it on someone who does not want to lead a normal married life. You cant accept a miserable life to make someone happy.

* Did you discuss with him about your "verge of divorce" mindset?
    what was his reaction? Are you indecisive on whether to discuss or not??
    You should let him know how you are feeling? May be he didn't realize how much it affects you..

Hope everything goes fine..
    All the best!

1 person likes this.
  2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Oh man.

He's gay...

or...

he he had a troubled childhood... And his mom is not keen in helping resolve the issue.... Wonder what happened when he was a child.. Don't u think..

or

he's insane...

u are young, leave him. Don't loose ur life ..

1 person likes this.
  3. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Why your mil is planing your kids :confused2: she still treat her son as a kid and spoiling both of your life. Your Dh first needs psychological help. He has to act like a grown up, come out of his dream world, stop competing with his cousins.
    You have only two choice,
    Make him understand all this, take control over both of your life and start making decisions, instead of hearing all caps from your Dh and mil.
    Or come out of this marriage. You have many reasons to do that.

2 people like this.
  4. Sharanya

Sharanya Senior IL'ite

I too think so. That cousin of my husband I mentioned whose wife had some fertility issues and trouble conceiving, her MIL was absolutely frantic after two years,as to why they didn't have kids yet, although that cousin and his wife were much younger than us. Now even all his friends in Singapore are having or planning kids, his school friend in Singapore, that Mk Kinsey guy's mom is desperate for grandkids, she has been insisting for many years now. I went to another of my husband's school friends' wife's Seemantham a year back, with my in laws and this Mk Kinsey friends' parents, this Mk Kinsey friends' mom was telling my MIL how keen she is for grandchildren, my MIL was silent.

She can't be that different from everyone else right? It would only make sense if she was aware of her sons' issues.
    Even if MIL hopes for her son to come to glory, I doubt she is foolish enough not to realize that it may simply never happen, my husband hasn't got exceptional marks in his GMAT, age is on the wrong side for an MBA now, he hasn't got through INSEAD, he is far less hardworking compared to his friends, he's already manic depressive and suicidal which might simply exacerbate through the MBA.

She can actually hope he comes to glory through his family business, many people do well in business right, husband too acknowledges that one can make far more money through business.

I too think it doesn't add up unless she is aware of her sons' issues.

I too find it very selfish. :-( Husband's father too was a brilliant student in his school days, he was an IITan in a family which placed little emphasis on education unlike most other Bengali families, being a business family, husband's grandfather had sent his father to USA to do an MS, husband's father was doing extremely well, was very happy, not depressed or anything, he had several girlfriends, by his admission, and was having a fantastic time.

Husband's grandfather still brought husband's father back to India, he hid his passport so that he couldn't go back. Husband's father had a younger brother, so he wasn't even the only child.

In husband's case, he is the only child, is depressed and suicidal, stagnating for years, he's the sole heir, my father in law does insist that he come back, but my MIL refuses, she says she will never insist and actually insists he doesn't come back.

After being lied to about so many things, I simply can't trust my in laws. Maybe both FIL and MIL are putting on some act and both are aware of husband's issues.

I too think he won't take me, for the reasons u mentioned. By his own admission he married and his parents got him married to dispel rumors in Singapore and in their club circle in our hometown that he is gay or impotent, so sending me to live in our hometown for two long years will simply add to those rumors of his sexual issues, plus his disinterest in family and intimacy will prevent him from taking me with him when he does his MBA. He can take money from his dad to buy him a condo in Singapore, and by his own admission he will take money from his dad for his MBA-over and above his savings', but he won't take money from his dad to have his wife accompany him. :-(

His mom too insisted to my mom that I should stay behind in Singapore with a job while he does his MBA in USA, rent out the other two rooms of the condo, pay the EMI's etc...

Making me stay in Singapore would make it seem like we are a very "modern" couple in a long distance relationship...

Ironically before marriage, my in laws had told my parents that they had cancelled the marriage alliance of a software engineer girl who wanted to go to USA for just one year on a project, because in their words, the purpose of marriage was to "live together", now my husband wants to go to USA for two years, and keep me as a placeholder in SG. I learnt later that my husband had told this girl that he was planning to go to USA for his MBA and has given his GMAT, that had prompted the girl to say that she too wants to go to the USA on an office project, but my husband had cancelled the alliance then after an engagement, even though the girl had said that she won't go to the USA if he were to stay in SG, she will move to SG etc.

According to my husband, she had pleaded and begged him not to break the engagement, but he had been unrelenting.

According to this Mk Kinsey friend's wife, husband had given the GMAT for the MBA, but had decided not to apply as he had got less that good enough marks, which meant that he thought he wouldn't get into a top college, that was some years back when he was 28 and age was on his side for an MBA, now right after marriage, he has decided on this MBA again.

If husband is so Singapore obsessed, is stagnating for three years, no PR-he could've easily married a girl working in SG right, who already had a PR, instead of marrying an admin from India? My MIL too could've at least searched for such a girl, couldn't she? That would've ensured that he could stay on in Singapore.

But my MIL said that my husband chose to marry me because, in his words-apart from wanting a very beautiful girl, he said that I don't seem like a very "exposed" girl + my MIL felt that I am a very "obedient" girl who will listen to everything he says(in her words).

Beauty I can understand(or can't because he's sexually uninterested) but why want an unexposed and obedient girl? Wouldn't it make more sense to find a girl with a good job and Singapore PR/citizenship?

Husband had told me before marriage that he has some friend who has married a girl simply for her Green Card, and he is not so "desperate". Asking me to be a condo keeper in SG sounds even more desperate.

Again it would make sense only if husband and MIL both know about his sexual issues and think an exposed girl would figure it out.

Having a very beautiful wife, even in a long distance relationship in SG, would prove to the world that husband is not impotent or gay.

Husband is the one who has been threatening me with divorce from Day 1, long before I was on the "verge" of divorce. He has been threatening me with divorce for any reason and no reason. He once told me that he has given this marriage "six months" to his parents as in six months, there is annulment, not divorce. I did not sign a six month contract marriage, what gave my husband the right to decide on a six month trial period.

Plus having children is an extremely important life goal of mine, and my husband has mentioned multiple times that he NEVER wants kids and I am not going to be a mom ever as he doesn't want kids.

5. Sharanya

Sharanya Senior IL'ite

Apparently in his childhood and teenage, he was the family's best student, after that he started stagnating, that impacted him.

He claims that his mom used to beat him up like a madwoman in his childhood, and the entire house knew about how much she would beat him for any transgression and that impacted him.

His dad and his dad's younger brother had started a gold jewelry business together in our hometown, his aunt(dad's younger brother's wife) comes from a jeweler family, this was her brainchild, after the gold business started doing well, his uncle and aunt decided to be the sole owners of the business, and asked my husband's parents for a separation.

This meant that they were very poor for a few years, while all others in the family were doing well for themselves, going on foreign trips, they had little money.

After this, my husband's grandparents gave nothing to my husband's uncle and aunt in their will, + my husband's dad won a huge litigated property and started a very successful banqueting business.

So wealth returned to their family. During their years of poverty, husband's parents used to keep insisting that my husband study hard and he will be able to excel in life,but as soon as wealth returned to their family, his personal career started stagnating.

This impacted him...

He got through St Stephens' for Economics, but once he joined college, he was ragged for being shemale and unmanly, that impacted him...

6. smprop1999

smprop1999 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sharanya,
    You still didnt answer the questions...

7. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

His body and body language displays feminine characters. Fine.

But being a 'shemale' is different. A 'shemale' means something very different, from what you are trying to convey.

Please be careful in the choice of words, otherwise, you would end up conveying a totally wrong picture !

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

More importantly Sharanya, you have been mentioning all these problems over a long period of time and it does not appear as if there is going to be any solution to these problems from your husband's and IL's side.

Have you spoken to your parents about all your issues? Have you decided your future course of action? If you want to opt out, there is no point in wasting more time. If you have decided on staying on, then it is high time you stopped agonizing and took some concrete steps to make your life for yourself within the marriage. The choice of course is yours and only yours to make.

9. Sharanya

Sharanya Senior IL'ite

Sorry. I meant that my husband's seniors thought that he also had some female characteristics, over and above being feminine in his body language and characteristics.

I learnt this from a classmate.

10. Sharanya

Sharanya Senior IL'ite

No I do not love him and I do not think he loves me either.
    I don't think he loves anyone. His dad too says that everything my son asks for has to be granted, and his every wish has to be treated as a command, however unrealistic or unreasonable.

I think he is using me.

He doesn't listen to anyone else's views, thoughts and feelings, nor thinks about the impact his actions will have on anyone else.