How often can parents visit on dependent visa

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Minni, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Minni

Minni New IL'ite

Hello friends,
    if i want to bring my mom to UK how often can she visit on tourist visa?
    since visa is only for 6mnths after that can she go back for 1 month and then comeback to UK.
    I'm the only daughter and she wants to stay with me.
    will there be any immigration problems ? say if she travels once in 6mnths.. 4times in 2yrs span will it be a problem with immigration check?
    please let me know or else suggest something alternative.she is 50yrs old widow.

2. Minni

Minni New IL'ite

No reply to my post....
    pls someone reply

3. docsayu

docsayu New IL'ite

Hi Minni,

I was faced with the same problem as yours. My inlaws visa was first rejected because I dint show enough proof that they would go back before to their home country before expiry of the 6 months visa. When I visited some forums like Immigrationboards.com :: Index they suggested that its best to leave at least 2 months gap before applying again. That way Home Office knows that the system is not being abused. What you should also consider is a long term visa which is valid for upto 5 years. All info should be on ukba site. Good luck

4. sowmya83

sowmya83 New IL'ite

Me and my husband are planning to bring out parents to UK. My husband is on tier -2 Ict valid till nov 2013 and I am his dependent. Can someone suggest under which under which visa category should our parents apply and also normally what is the validity of the visa issues to our parents..