How many years have you been employed?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Rakshana, Jan 18, 2008.

1. kgp

kgp Senior IL'ite

Ofcourse Nandhu, I have learnt lot, and I got an opportunity to communicate with all levels of people in the organization, from the office boy to CEO! In a way it is advantageous for me. But from employers point of view, I am a person who dont stick to any organization. Only when they call me for interview/discussion, they cud understand. But not many will do that. There are so many people who will just see the resume and send interview calls if they are satisfied with it. Am i right?

Now in my resume I am mentioning all my experience details and also mentioning that I have streamlined my field in to IT industry in the last 8 - 9 years.. (what else i can do? heeee..eheee)

Regards
    KGP

2. bgrohinidevi

bgrohinidevi New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Nice Thread,
    Kinddaa good introduction.
    Coming to me I have been working since 5 yrs.

My first job was a Part Time Physics and Biological Sciences teacher at a Near by school, this was done during my graduation days,
    later on again as a Part time Counsellor at APTECh and NIIT during my post graduation days.Also workedd for Radio.Wrote several articles for newspapers.it was something like a passion,Never ending Zeal kind off.
    Now its close to 4 yrs, i have been SAP HR Tech consultant.

yet I have years to go for suceess

Regards
    Rohini.

3. jsree2007

jsree2007 New IL'ite

Hi all
    Nice thread
    i've been working for the last 15 years. Got job just after my post graduation and had two very small children . (and age difference between children is 14 months). It was difficult at that time . But managed somehow . Looking back now, I don't know how I tide over those years.
    Wow! kgp. admiring your perseverance.
    Jsree

4. sunj

sunj New IL'ite

Hi All,

Nice thread to know about each other.

About me i took up my job just after completing my post-graduation (computer) in 1998. Moved on to different jobs/companies upto 2004, then i had my first break for my baby meanwhile migrated to US which extended my break to nearly 2 years. Then i started again by the end of 2005, and holding on from then...Bow

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

hi all
    I am working since may 1984. complete 24 years.

6. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Am working since 2002. So its going to be nearly 6 years since i started working.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  7. butterfly

butterfly New IL'ite

Hi,

I don't know anybody is like me. I moved to US 10 years back and after all that waiting I got my green card and started working 4 years back. I never worked before when I was in India, so it was like a challenge, but somehow I survived. Now I am proud to say that I found a job in my middle age.

M

8. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Myself for the last 12 years..

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I have been working since 2001 with a break of about 1 year.. ~ 6 years.

10. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I have done my master in Electrical engg in US and have been working since then.
    Its almost 4 year since I have been working in the IT field but nowadays i'm feel bored. Seems like i need a change in my career...should look for some better options.
    Any suggestions shall be great
    -priya