1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Of You Who Have Been Married For A Long Time Call Your Spouse Just To Talk Sweet Nothings

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by gamma50g, Jan 5, 2024.

1. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

This question is specifically posed to NOT newly married couples.

How many of you, even after years or decades of being married either call your spouse ( or your spouse calls you) just to talk sweet nothings over the phone.

It may be a call to hear your voice, or to know if you had your meal or simply to say how much he or she misses you.

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. preethignan

preethignan Silver IL'ite

We are married for 17 years. We don't call . We prefer whatsapping each other. We take walks daily and prefer each other's company still. We didn't want to be a part of a noisy new year party in our community instead we went on a weekend getaway to spend a quiet new year outside city. Our kids accompanied too but they slept early. It was only the 2 of us.

I feel these small things remain etched in memory forever.

Thyagarajan and gamma50g like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

I am sure you are not interested in knowing the number as to how many in IL are ....
    You desire to get FB from members who have celebrated silver or golden or platinum jubilee of their wedding.
    But many of them are in platonic (love) /stage.
    Sweet nothings would be natural and automatic for few years from marriage day and afterwards it is a great intellectual endeavour or gymnastics and would not come easily especially in joint family as mind is brooding constantly about and around kids-kin and members of extended family and Hitler-woman, SIL FIL BIL messing up the day-to- day harmony. Every now and then spouse would get her/his mood swing. A word uttered long ago or long long ago still haunts that eliminates sweet-nothings. Speech turns curt and words of endearment stand evaporated !
    Among south Indians of traditional practitioners, there is no often or every now & then saying " I love you Honey or dear" in presence of others or in public or in camera! Instead of words they demonstrate love and sweet nothings by actions or deeds or clandestine gestures!:argue:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Married for 15 years, and whenever we are apart due to work or family reasons we end up calling each other for no apparent reasons. Just to hear each other's voice and check on them.
    And mostly talk irrelevant stuff and gossips

drdiva, Thyagarajan and gamma50g like this.
  5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

20+ years now!
    Early morning coffee time is sweet nothings and flirting !
    When son (19) is home, we all cook together - that is the teasing and joking time
    When away from each other, the whole day is full of funny emoticons on whatsapp, but before sleep we do call and talk on most days!
    And the call always ends with me asking "Do you miss me" and his response "How can I miss you when you are already my missus"!

:rolleyes: Lame !
    But comfort is in the routine :blush:

Keep smiling
    HR

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024