1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Of You Wear Sarees To The Workplace?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Needtobestrong, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I sorted out my wardrobes some days back and arranged my sarees among other apparels..
    I’m the kind of person who loves to wear sarees.
    Previously I had an active social life and would wear sarees for festivals , functions and sometimes get togethers too.
    But obviously since Covid started , I haven’t used much.
    Saw many movies in which the heroine stylishly wears saree to office..
    Obviously those working in the teaching profession in India , school teachers , lecturers, professors etc would wear Sarees on a regular basis to work..
    But how many of you in non- teaching professions wear or have worn sarees to work ( prior to work from home due to covid)
    Especially those working in IT and IT enabled sectors, how many of you still like to wear sarees to work and how do you stay comfortable While working long hours?
    One of my friend in her 20 s working in an IT company would wear saree atleast once a week to office..simple saree ..and she looked very graceful and elegant.
    But some other friends say they don’t like to wear sarees and definitely not to workplace..they prefer to buy and keep minimum sarees in their wardrobe to be used only for major occasions like weddings , major festivals etc.
    Any of you ladies who love wearing sarees to work, are you appreciated for wearing saree and do you feel that you still fit in with rest of your colleagues who dress up in western or ethic wears on a regular basis?
    Just started this post for fun..

2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I still have to learn how to stitch fall on my sarees.

Once I do that, and once we open up, I'll let you know how saree-wearing goes.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I personally don’t wear , but I like the women who wears hand loom or cotton or cotton and silk Mixed, it looks dignified. It is a huge task to maintain sarees well , I couldn’t do because of routine busy stuff,

Anusuya and Needtobestrong like this.
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I work in non-IT in the USA. I wear saree to work occasionally (few times during summer).

5. Jessica.sharon

Jessica.sharon Silver IL'ite

I sometimes wear saree to work when i can

6. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Im not comfortable in saree at work,it somehow makes me less focus on my work. When we have ethnic wear at work,its always some silk kurti for me :thumbup:

7. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I was never comfortable wearing saree at work or studies. I consider them as special occasion dress up costume! I will never wear saree to work.