1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many of u ready to accept

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by pravi9, Sep 28, 2015.

1. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Thank god i do not have to face such issues. My mil is totally the other way. Do what ever you want. None in the list have to be followed after marriage.

I literally laughed reading your post and sad about your situation . I laughed because i had to follow all this only in my mother's house. Very strict rules.

Open up and talk to your hubby if he can help you out. Men always needs to be told of our situation because they are programmed like that. Some can't understand the situation or what others will feel etc etc. Explain to him about things that makes you unhappy.

We must feel happy when we are not asked to work at home right? I felt in that way only during early days of marriage when i was working, but that also hurts after a certain time. I feel like am i not a member of this family. I feel like i have no control rather i should say no rights in the family. Nowadays washed all my thoughts and concentrate only on my son. I will do those household works which mostly my mil doesnt involve but at times shows off that she does everything.

Few things like come home early etc etc are my fil's words when he was alive. Now no such restrictions, can go anywhere, any time but with mil only even no separate bedroom.

If even after your talks with your hubby doesn't work then just leave it. Enjoy your life as much as you can. The time spent cannot be lived again but you can try to make the present happy. Stop worrying about your mil's unwanted things. It is the best way to avoid clashes between you and your hubby. Enjoy your time with your hubby.

Sorry about your mother. How is she now?

2. pravi9

pravi9 New IL'ite

@vaidehi s i am going thro all of this for past 3 years :( as post seems bigger i didnt post all. also i couldnt list out all nonsense

3. pravi9

pravi9 New IL'ite

@vaidehi s i am going thro all of this for past 3 years :( as post seems bigger i didnt post all. also i couldnt list out all nonsense

4. pravi9

pravi9 New IL'ite

my mother is good now and just that she have kiddiness often

5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Nope. I won't follow or accept such nonsense. Either I would consider living separate or if that isn't an option by any chance, I would go the other extreme and make her go mad.

1 person likes this.
  6. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha. You are so right YM. During the initial days, when I was a "weak kneed new DIL", I was eager to please MIL, so all these rules were followed. Now, I dont. I go sit on the bed while talking on the phone. I play with the kids on the bed :) MIL screamed a couple of times and I made sure that I was doing it was H was around so that he knows too :) Anyway, MIL understood that i am not the "docile" type anymore, so now she just walks away without bothering :)

2 people like this.
  7. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

She is probably doing this to "Show off". .Let others know that she is very "clean" and "traditional". Have you noticed that these rules becoming mroe strict when people are around? Then that is the culprit. I feel bad for you, But i know what you are going through. In some time, hopefully you will muster the courage to stand up to your MIL. All the best :)

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP....follow this.