1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Kidneys Do We Have?

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by jayasala42, Jun 25, 2021.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Teacher addresses a student and asks: “How many kidneys do we have?"
    “Four!", The backbencher student responds.

“Four? Haha,” The teacher was one of those who took pleasure in picking on his students' mistakes and demoralizing them.

“Bring a bundle of grass, because we have an ass in the room," the teacher orders a front bencher.

“And for me a coffee!”, the backbencher student added.

The teacher was furious and expelled the student from the room.

The student was, by the way, the humorist Aparicio Torelly Aporelly (1895-1971), better known as the "Baron de Itararé".
    On his way out of the classroom, the student still had the audacity to correct the furious teacher:

"You asked me how many kidneys‘ we have. " ‘We have four: two of mine and two of yours. ‘We have’ is an expression used for the plural. Enjoy the grass".

Life demands much more understanding than knowledge. Sometimes people, because they have a little more knowledge or ‘believe’ that they have it, feel they have the right to underestimate others.

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Embarrassment can be at times unintentional.

Lanky Friend of mine was spotted walking from opposite direction on the same side of platform. He wished me by raising his hand over his head.

When I returned the wish, simultaneously I saw my podgy physics professor lifting his hand up waving at me. I thought I must return his wish and so again I raised and waved my hand.