How long does it take you, on average, to read a book?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, May 6, 2007.

How long does it take you, on average, to read a book?

1. Less than a week

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Two weeks or so

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. About a month

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. I don't have time for books

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 6th May 2007 to 12th May 2007

Hello ladies,
    There could be only two categories that exist in this world, i-love-reading kind and I-do-not-have-patience-for-reading kind.

Are you a voracious reader who cannot put your book down even when the door bell rings?
    Are you one who skim through books and do not have patience to go in detail into pages?

Well however, here is an intersting poll topic for you. Cast your votes and leave your imprints in this thread about the book that you enjoyed most.
    Let me start, the book I enjoyed the most is "The Agony and Ecstasy: A bibliographical novel of Michaelangelo" by Irving Stone. I finished this book overnite burning midnight oil.

2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

i love reading books.
    some of them are " le pain noir" george emmanuel clancier
    simeterre stephen king,
    fever,sphinx,mutation robin cook,
    chocolat joanne harris
    barbara taylor bradford..a waoman of substance....hold the dream....to be the best..emma's secret.

i enjoy reading and in the same time i eat some chocolate.

bye

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    about the duration,it depends on the number of pages.If it is a novel ,definitely it takes abt a month.If it is some other book,i will skip the some pages and catch on whichever is interesting.I love sydeney sheldon novels.My best favourite is bloodline by sidney sheldon.I love to read books which motivate positive thoughts,self confidence.

BC

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  4. sudhavinodh

sudhavinodh New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Its an interesting topic. i was a bookolic before my marriage..i remember i had finished the entire "BloodLine" book in just days..but now after my marriage and kid..absolutly no time to read..i miss reading so much..i love all shidney sheldon.

bye...

5. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I guess am a very late comer to this poll, still the topic was such, that I couldn't resists, even after the poll was closed...

For a person like me, you should have a category called "Less than 6 Hours"...any book, by any author, as long as its so gripping and entertaining, I cannot be at peace without reading it at a stretch..even for my exams I haven't studied so hard and with so much interest as I do for reading books...

Well, even the memories of finishing of the books overnite gives me so much pleasure...

I love all the works of Sidney Sheldon ! Am just crazy about him and his books.

Sidney Sheldon's "Are you afraid of the Dark ?" is one book that I finished off at a strech, starting from nite 10 upto morning 4..My eyes literally stopped blinking, until I was done with it. My all time favourite of Sidney had been "Sands of Time" and "Bloodline".

More recently, I finished David Baldacci's "The Split Second" starting it at 5pm and ending it by 1 am...such a remarkable book...It was a weekday and I had work the next day, what followed the next morning was a sad story to share (got heavy scoldings from hubby for my book addiction). :))

Dan Brown "Da Vinci Code" was irrestistable...but I took 2 days to complete it.

Truely, I forget myself and my world around, when I get hold of a Very good book..I feel its worth sacrificing sleep, hunger and everything possible for a good book.

Love,
    Preethi

1 person likes this.