1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How less , how often?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Jananikrithsan, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear IL's,

Let's talk about how often we interact with or neighbours or friends!
    With a mad rush in dailly life do we stop to smile over the fence and acknowledge them on festivals or occasions?

For friends though there are so many ways to stay connected from the mobile to social networking sites! So how do you work around it?

Everything is so tech based from the e-card to e-mail and talking to a wall but even that needs effort, do we make it??

2 people like this.

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Good thread.
    I prefer to keep in touch the old fashioned way by talking on the phone. No emails, talking to the wall, texting etc.
    Ofcourse, visiting and having a face to face conversation is the best which I don't get to do often.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jananikrithsan

Hi ars,
    Nice to know that you follow the old fashioned, compared to all that is in vogue, method of staying in touch!

4. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Keeping touch with your friends these days is very easy since it is in our finger tips (thanks to mobile phones) when ever I think of any friend I just give her a call and we chat, and when coming to immediate neighbors I make it a point make short casual conversation whenever I meet them face to face, I try my best to keep in touch with all the people in my street at least because my MIL lived in this area for nearly 40 years but she wouldn't have spoken or smiled at our immediate neighbour even and I hated her attitude.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Having come from an environment and time where it was common to just visit your neighbours or friends casually, it is certainly hard not to be able to have anything but a formal, superficial relationship with neighbours these days. Somehow I don't find my neighbours so forthcoming. We do talk, but it is generally a superficial hi-bye kind of relationship when we bump into each other in the corridors.

As for friends, I am really happy to have so many friends here with whom I keep in touch over the phone or the net. The internet has also helped me get in touch with some of my school friends.

6. Jananikrithsan

A good thing blessed, that you have made an effort to stay connected, it is a two way street!

7. Jananikrithsan

Let them be superficial, Satchi, but we can be warm and geniune, what say??
    IL s certainly a class apart where we might never see , but love to talk!

1 person likes this.