1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Indigo Works!

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by jayasala42, Mar 14, 2021.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Rahul Bhatia, Chief Executive of Indigo Airlines the so called cheap airline in India, After arriving in a hotel in Mumbai, went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.

The barman nodded and said, "That will be ₹50 please, Mr. Bhatia."

Somewhat taken aback, Rahul replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6pm until 8pm. We have the cheapest beer in Mumbai".

"That is remarkable value", Rahul comments.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be ₹150 please."

Rahul scowled, but paid up.

He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra ₹150. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you ₹100."

"I think you may be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please".

Rahul attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".
    "I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of ₹250 for your seat sir".
    Rahul swore to himself, but paid up.

"I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another ₹300."

Rahul was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".
    "I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be ₹200 please."

Rahul's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"
    "Of course I do Mr. Bhatia."

"I've had enough! What sort of Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his E-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only ₹10 per second, or part thereof".

"I will never use this bar again".

"OK sir, but remember, we are the only star hotel in Mumbai selling pints for ₹50.

And that my friends is how Indigo works in India !

(Courtesy- Ajay Pillay)

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Many airlines started copying indigo’s cheapness. Eleventh hour booking a seat would cost a fortune. Besides there are on line fraud airline booking doing brisk business for domestic and international as well. Cheap tickets to USA one way and return.
    A cousin who booked a cheap ticket on line to USA LOST a huge amount recently.
    When something deceptively or astonishingly cheap, one must smell the rat. Out of character should warn one enough.
    Luckily standees are not permitted in aircrafts!

joylokhi likes this.
  3. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Jayasala ma'am
    Good one about Indigo.
    I had this experience a few days back when my Dad flew in Indigo.
    We had to pay for the seat, and even for getting the baggage tag printed at their counter.
    Regards
    Uma