1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How I recieved my precious gift!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, Jul 16, 2009.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I happened to go through a thread posted by Priya_Mommy which took me back to the memories of my "pennu kanal".Mine is a usual arranged marriage.

A mutual family friend knew that both of our families were looking for alliance so he introduced my parents and PILs.Then they matched the horoscope and then did preliminary enquiries,after getting a good fb they decided to make us meet.

It was the first time a guy was coming to meet me after going through all the filters put by me and also those put by our tradition(horoscope etc)...I didnt knew everything will occur this fast and I was preparing for MAT thinking I will take higher studies as an excuse of not getting married atleast for the time being.

My mom called me almost everyday saying they want to meet me but I said am so afraid to meet that guy alone(who knew I was going to be head over heels after seeing him).I was adamant that I wont give in so easily for a marriage.I wanted to live more years independently without any emotional ties:rant

So my mom and uncle came to Bangalore where my PILs and DH is staying. DH & FIL came to the hotel where they were staying, to see me.I went to hotel directly from my hostel.They had said me the guy is 176cms tall so I was confident he will reject me because I am just 150:hide:.And I had a mental picture of a bulky guy about 6ft tall who is more or less like the villains of hindi films and was 100% confident I can reject him without much thinking...

But when he entered the room , I fell flat in front of him(not physically).I dont know what in him attracted me,but I knew I was not able to say no.Then we went for a walk and talked (where I did most of the talking)...then a few tensed days waiting for their answer....I was not able to say No so I was praying let him say No to me.But it was Yes from him....he says he was attracted to my smile and when I smiled at him when he entered the room he felt for me:rotfl(Innocent soul didnt knew that time what he is stepping into)...his parents were pleasantly surprised that he said a "yes" because he came to see me just due to their pressure and least expected it will be a Yes from him.

Thus 2 persons so adamant not to get married atleast within an year met just due to the parents pressure and fell flat infornt of each other and got married a few months back:biglaugh...now I know whatever you do your fate will take you where you are supposed to be at a particular point of time.
    And now I thank my parents for the nagging they did to me ,or else I wouldnt have still received my precious gift from God.

2. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hey Ami,

It happens most of the times.. What you run away from, comes nearer to you and same happened to you but for a positive reason...Even I never wanted to marry a person with more than 2 years older to me and I ended up marrying my love who is 7 years older..But, as you said, my DH is also my precious gift.. Nice blog..Enjoyed reading and replying to it..

3. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Such a nostalgic feeling reading about your sweet memories...
    This is what is known as love after arranging/marriage.. I call mine a love marriage - love after marriage.. Its the love alone that matters :)

4. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ami,
    This is called destiny.
    And I am happy that destiny had such beautiful gift in store for you!:)

Good piece of writing/narrating BTW!

take care,
    "HAPPY"

5. ahilaiyer

ahilaiyer Junior IL'ite

dear ami,

nice to see ur blog

density makes you

true

6. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi Ami,

Nice to read yr write up... brings the memories back.
    I went thru similar experince.. I thought my hubby wd say No. But opposite happend ;).

Veen

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ami,

So sweet memories are in the air, in il and has made you nostalgic..

destiny has its path defined i suppose...mine is a LM, we were always fighting in the office, never knew that we will marry..when somebody asks me the reason, i coolly say that a known devil is better than an unknown angel

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Deepali
    Thanks for the reading my blog and the comment:) My DH also didnt want to marry someone younger to him than 2years and thought I said my age he was in a fog that day that it didnt register that am 4years younger to him;)

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

SigmaBeta, What you said is 100% right.This is arranged love marriage:)Yeah and the love part makes us happy and arranged part makes our parents happy he he...

Happy,Yeah destiny is something which makes us believ in it even if we dont want to:)

Ahilaiyer ,thanks for reading my blog and posting your comments:)

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Veen
    But aren't we glad that sometimes our prayers are answered by God in exactly the opposite way we want ha ha:)