How does your family......Poll for 2nd Apr., 2006 to 8th Apr. 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Apr 3, 2006.

How does your family celebrate birthdays?

1. Cake and ice cream

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. With gift-giving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Going to the temple

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Throwing a party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More than one of the above

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Birthdays are always a special day for us. When small we used to anticipate the day but as age catches up on us, we do miss the thrill and the excitement. But neverthless we do cling on to some traditions on that particular day say like going to temple, doing poojas, throwing a birthday party and so on.
    Now as proud mothers we do like to host the birthday parties of our kids and enjoy the same thril we used to experience in our childhood days.
    Come ladies, vote here for this weekly poll - how do you celebrate your birthdays?
    bye.

2. rohini

rohini New IL'ite

Two ways listed here apply to our way of celebrating...

We give surprise gifts and we definitely go to temples on birthdays.

3. rajashri

rajashri New IL'ite

Hi!
    My family usually celebrates a B'day by giving gifts as well as going to the temple.special dishes are also cooked for the occasion and we enjoy in a small get-together of friends and family.:clap

4. Anju

Anju New IL'ite

Birthdays

My husband and I don't do much for our birthdays anymore. It used to be that friends would come over and wish us, but then I'd end up doing all the cooking and cleaning and that wasn't fun, especially since I was supposed to be the "birthday girl"! ;) So, for the last few years now, we just go out to dine - no cake, card, gifts or anything else.

For the kids it's quite different - we have a cake of their choice, a whole meal prepared of their favorite foods and a huge party in the evening for their friends.

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

same here

We also keep birthdays very simple. I cook on my husband's birthday and he makes lasagne on mine (the latter has become a tradition now). On wedding anniversaries, we eat out. No cards, no gifts. Good to know that there are others like us.

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

my children celebrate with grt fervour....

my children offer me good flowers that is so wonderful i love bouquets and carnations my fav....they also bake personal cakes and nice 2set of clothes on my birthday so i need not go out for it....each their own...they cook nice things though i love simple food these days....they do enjoy .....bahana is my birthday....making nice things fav and gathering that is the main point i remember i had gone to sleep and by 12 they shook me up brought me to the front room lit with candles 50 for my 5oth birthday and wished me....i just never expected this...simple expressions and love do keep u alive as u go old....i used to take a lot of trouble when they were young so may be getting it back with a double....regards...sunkan