1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you reinforce good behavior?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Riyasmommy, Sep 5, 2008.

1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Can I add more to your list. The Natural Child by Jan Hunt. It's their website that I first stumbled upon when it comes to gentle disciplining. It goes with your way of handling things. Another one that has some good ideas is Montessori from the Start, The Child at Home, from Birth to Age Three by Paula Polk Lillard and Lynn Lillard Jessen. I regret not having started the other book earlier.
    I am happy to have found a group of women who believe in gentle disciplining! :thumbsup

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks Krithika. Are these available in Landmark do you know? I'll be in Madras next mnth and plan to stock up then. Otherwise let me hunt online for it first - may be Indiaplaza deals will have it?

Vanathi.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Thanks girls for the book recommendations. We haven't read a parenting book yet and now n then i chance upon a site on specific issues. This time i was thinking of giving a list to DH that he can get from Chennai.

Me too agree with teaching them from young to share household duties. My mom never let us do any work at home and i really regret that, looking back. She is the first daughter of a huge family and had to shoulder responsibilites from a very young age. So she never let us be part of household chores. I suffered a lot the first year of married life but ofcourse have now learnt to manage things. Aniish loves helping us out... well sometimes it becomes a bit too much of help:spin.

Latha

4. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Wow, Vanathi... am regretting not having a girl for your Aadhu otherwise my girl would be really lucky to have such a sweet and talented guy!

-L.

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks girls! Cant quite think of myself as an MIL yet - I've barely got used to being a mother!

Thanks Latha.