1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you handle MIL?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rpriya, Apr 8, 2010.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ars and kinjal. This was the technique which my mom used to apply to my grandma. My grandma talks a lot and my mom used to feel irritated when she used to come from office tired. So when my grandma used to talk, my mom also used to talk. Finally both of them used to get bored of each other, and me and my sister used to have a good laugh at that.:rotfl

2. acechef

acechef New IL'ite

Rpriya,

I understand your pain. It can be tiring to make conversation after a hard day's work but at the same time, I can't help envy you and feel how lucky you are because more than anything, I want a mother-in-law who will talk to me openly and share these little vignettes with me and will listen to me as I share mine.

3. rpriya

rpriya Guest

Hi Soundvijay,
    I can't see TV channel of my choice. Even if the TV is OFF and I ON it to watch my favourites, immediately they will come and change it to their choice. Nowadays I am using my mobile to listen to songs.

4. rpriya

rpriya Guest

Dear acechef,
    In tamil we have "Icckariku AccKari pachai" meaning "This is better than that", but one thing we shuld not forget, these family issues are like drops and they will fade soon.
    I am concentrating now on not loosing any relationship. So trying to build patience.